Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Looks like the case from Tash’s LinkedIn - ACA after Nine regional news. I am sure there would be ex-WIN staffers who would never get a job at Nine now WIN are on the board there.

Seven in recent times appears to be a more stable place to work: 7 Qld has had presenters that have been there forever.

What’s that got to do with getting at job at NEC? Probably quite the opposite.

1 Like

Not from my experience dealing with WIN

You saying NEC won’t hire current or ex-WIN staff?

There would be quite a few people who left WIN on bad terms who would not get a job at NEC now WIN are on the board there.

One point you made is good - with a WIN director at NEC you would probably need to get an ok from WIN if you were existing staff there to apply for a job at NEC. Proposed new hire lists are often looked at by boards before giving HR the go ahead.

1 Like

Interesting, though it hasn’t seemed to affected several WIN News journalists that have popped up on 9 News in recent times. Most hires in the media industry come down to the department managers, not HR. They merely look after the paperwork side of things.
Given the small size of the media industry, I think anyone who leaves an employer on (unreasonable) bad terms, will naturally have their work cut out for them.

1 Like

No that would have been deliberate. These shows often show a random city live previewing the weather.

3 Likes

It would have been clearer to have a LIVE BRISBANE bug and then National Weather Forecast.

Or what was shown on Sunday:

2 Likes

Seven 5pm news out of Brisbane but with Kendall Gilding. So was Samantha Heathwood not permanent afterall?

7 Likes

I get the sense that this is also a lead up to the Everleigh move.

4 Likes

Kendall presented 6pm in Brisbane as well.

3 Likes

Can’t speak for other cities at present but expect some new faces on Brisbane TV and voices in Brisbane radio: COVID/FLU/RSV are rampant here and people will be calling in sick on-masse. I am at the tail end of 6 days of COVID myself and would have been off work if not for the fact I am already retired.

3 Likes

Sam Heathwood presenting the 5pm news today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perths Jacquelin Robson has moved to 7 in Brisbane

5 Likes

It appears Jodi Lee’s move (back) to Sydney is also permanent.

2 Likes

Was she originally from Sydney?

She’s been in Melbourne for 5/6 years.

2 Likes

I remember she was a reporter on Seven News Sydney circa 2016 before moving to Melbourne.

According to her LinkedIn, she also did some reporting for WIN News in Canberra and also studied at University of Technology, Sydney.

3 Likes

Meantime, according to her LinkedIn Laura Banks has left Seven News Sydney, moving to the Sydney Morning Herald as a health reporter.

If I remember correctly, she hadn’t been on air for quite a while…

3 Likes

Rob Scott is again travelling with the PM on an OS trip.

5 Likes

Morning News

8 Likes