Seven News Presenters and Reporters

A week (apparently) from the move and they finally use an incredible shot like this? :weary:
Stunning

11 Likes

That shot was similar to the time when Seven had the twisted metal set and a large blue square with the Seven logo on it during the Ian Ross era.

3 Likes

Possibly the nicest that set has ever looked. Brilliant angle they should’ve been using or ages to show it off better!

11 Likes

Absolutely agree.
The current graphics help aid it too. The entire colour scheme in that shot is on point.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Assuming Matt Shirvington gets the Sunrise gig tomorrow, will Matt Carmichael finally get the Sydney Sports Weekend gig after being overlooked so many times?

3 Likes

He did present the Sydney weekend sport in between Johanna Griggs’ (2009-early 2011) and Ryan Phelan’s (March 2013-2016) stints.

But yes it would be good to see him back in a permanent role rather than just substituting across the network.

3 Likes

Jim Wilson might come back to his old job.

That would be similar to how Tim Webster “returned” to Ten News Sydney after initially departing the bulletin in mid-2008 (after which Brad McEwan took over).

IIRC his second stint at Ten lasted just less than twelve months; he was the sports presenter on the short-lived Evening News in Sydney and a fill-in presenter on other national bulletins.

2 Likes

Nick Etchells just filed a report for 7 Melbourne.

8 Likes

Katie Brown? She started off presenting sport in Brisbane before sunrise.

2 Likes

Could work actually. That way she’s in Sydney to fill in for Beretts whenever needed.

2 Likes

He’s a producer on the Melb bulletin now.

1 Like

I was going to pick you up on this in the Sunrise thread- Katie will take over weather on Sunrise.

1 Like

Where’s Sam going?

When he leaves, sorry. They’re not grooming Katie for sport.

Samantha Heathwood had a voiceover with her name for tonight’s 5pm news.

7 Likes

He’s presenting this weekend.

3 Likes

I saw that but thought he could be keeping the seat warm until they find a new permanent presenter. I hope not. It’s his time.

7 Likes

Michelle Bishop would be a fresh face doing sport.

5 Likes