Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Samantha Heathwood presenting the national 5PM news out of Brisbane today.

3 Likes

According to her Instagram, this appears to be a permanent appointment. Good for her to get some national exposure even if only on weekends.

11 Likes

Richard’s excited!

4 Likes

Mistake with the weather coming up graphic only mentioning Brisbane.

7 Likes

Katrina Blowers presented Brisbane news at 6pm as usual with Samantha presenting a report.

6 Likes

So if it’s permanent, surely they could’ve used her name in the opener…
A good move by 7. Samantha is a great presenter.

6 Likes

Again, while read from Brisbane, I believe its produced from Sydney. I don’t think they have her voice over loaded.

2 Likes

Sam, Katrina and Sharon are all great presenters at BTQ7 - they all share one thing in common: having worked in TV or radio in Sydney. It does raise a question about the wisdom of having so much broadcasting centralised in a high cost place like Sydney.

Sam’s departure from QTQ9 was a big loss for them and it would be interesting to see if her departure was related to her old employer WIN getting seat on 9’s board?

Sadly decisions in TV and radio are often driven by personality issues rather than good business sense.

5 Likes

However, if it’s permanent, surely they could manage a new voiceover.

4 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be in the works.

2 Likes

Who used to read the Saturday 5pm bulletin?

1 Like

Didn’t Sally do Saturday and Angie do Sunday?

4 Likes

Angie did both days before going on maternity leave for the first time in 2020.

Are you sure?

Angie is the Sunday- Thursday weather presenter in Sydney. I don’t remember her coming in just for 5pm news on Saturdays. I’m sure it was Sally on Saturdays.

This would’ve been before David Brown left Seven News Sydney in November 2020, after which Angie was promoted to his former position in presenting the weather on Sundays-Thursdays (she was doing Fridays and Saturdays before that).

1 Like

Who’s doing 5pm tonight. We don’t have it tonight cause of footy. Don’t know why they don’t run it on 72

2 Likes

Samantha Heathwood

7 Likes

She was caught up in the end of the Nine-SC regional affiliation deal. Nine no longer needed to produce regional news as this wasn’t part of the new deal with Win. Samantha (QLD) and Natassia Soper (NSW) were made redundant. Jo Hall (VIC) was retained presumably as she has been with Nine for decades.

6 Likes

Sam and Natassia are both great journo’s and the fact that they were payed off instead of being re-deployed speaks lots about the state of Nine nowadays. Wouldn’t imagine either were out of work very long.

When did this happen? Last I herd Tash went to ACA… then later left on her own accord. Unless I have the story wrong

1 Like