Seven News Presenters and Reporters

No denying that, but let him build some more hours on the weekend bulletins first before throwing him into the deep end.

1 Like

Whole Adelaide thing seems extremely well thought out with a long term view.

1 Like

He needed a few years not a few weeks.

8 Likes

Glad to see Rosanna promoted to weekdays. Will was a sports presenter briefly at 10 News Adelaide many years ago apparently. He still reads like he’s presenting sport. He’s not a journalist and has no reporting experience from what I understand. He was a disc jockey on breakfast radio for 9 years. Bit of a patchy choice in my view.

7 Likes

Seems very unfair on Mike…

Bethan Yeoman filed a report on Seven News Melbourne tonight. According to her LinkedIn, she was previously a producer and reporter at Today.

3 Likes

Steve and Amanda co-hosting the Gold Coast Mayor’s Christmas Carols.

These will be shown in Queensalnd 7pm 17 December and nationally on Christmas Day.

4 Likes

Could go either way. Will is relatively inexperienced compared to Rosanna and Mike but he is the host of 5AA’s breakfast which is currently the highest rating breakfast radio show so he does have a profile.

Perhaps Mike didn’t want weekdays and was satisfied with weekends and a few days of daytime bulletins during the week.

1 Like

Hopefully Seven wardrobe can arrange some new suits that actually fit Will Goodings.

This new publicity shot has him in mis-matched navy chinos
and an I’ll fitting creased jacket. Who approved this sloppy look?

6 Likes

Think Mike would have wanted weekdays.

1 Like

How do you know?

As good as Mike may be, he’ll probably be retiring in the next few years. Will is much younger and can stay in the role for up to 30 years if he and Seven wish so (if local news still exists in Adelaide by then).

Seven are clearly wanting to go for a young and fresh look - Mike doesn’t fit that.

1 Like

Clearly not. They’re talking up their ‘experience’ and all of the publicity I’ve seen only accentuates how much Rosanna runs rings around Will.

… and that’s when Will will be more fitting for the gig. As you point out, who knows what is going to happen in the future

1 Like

60 sec version

3 Likes

So that’s now Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide with double anchors on weeknights…

Do you reckon Melbourne and Sydney will continue the trend?

I personally don’t think it would work in Melbourne. I just in general don’t understand the need for it. You’re just paying two people to do one person’s job.

1 Like

Same here…I’ve never understood the approach. To be honest I’m pretty sure most of Melbourne would agree - the last time Seven tried the dual presenter thing in the late 90s ratings apparently went down the toilet. Ten did it for many years but I don’t believe they were ever on top either.

I’d be curious to know how Mike and Bec/Musher and Ange rate in their respective cities on weekends though?

1 Like

Ten has traditionally been much better at the dual presenter thing in Melbourne, back to the days of David Johnston and Jana Wendt/Jo Pearson and in those days it was at the top or 2nd in the ratings. It also had a good run with Mal Walden and Jennifer Hansen/Helen Kapalos but it was at 5.00 by then.

HSV has not really had much luck with dual presenters for the main bulletin, and GTV hasn’t really tried it since they put Peter Hitchener and Eric Pearce together in the '70s. They did a pilot with Brian Naylor and Sue McIntosh but that didn’t go anywhere.

3 Likes

Hard disagree. The double header of Mike and Bec is Mike’s and miles ahead of the weekday offering with solo Mitch right now.