Seven News Presenters and Reporters

The Channel 7 Queensland sports reporter will shift to Sunrise in January

Judging by this wording sounds like Katie is leaving Seven News altogether so Seven News Brisbane needs a new Thursday to Saturday sports presenter next year.

1 Like

Why? Where’s Pat Welsh going?

I think it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Pat is retiring from television at the end of the year.

1 Like

And that Katie was taking over?

If Katie is “shifting” to Sunrise that makes me think it’s a full-time gig and she won’t be on 7 News anymore.

Sorry, I’m confused. Your post said “with Katie going to Sunrise means she’s leaving Seven News so they’ll need a new Thurs-Sat sports presenter”.

Katie isn’t the current weekend sports presenter, Those two things aren’t related which is why I’m confused.

Why does Katie leaving 7News mean they need a new sports presenter?

There was a change earlier in the year making Katie the Thursday and Friday sport presenter with Pat only doing Saturdays.

This post from nationalnews in February.

So over 7 nights they have 3 different sports readers? Weird. Why not just retire Pat back in February? Sounds a bit messy.

2 Likes

Because he didn’t want to???

1 Like

The article says it’s a 2 year deal as a roving reporter and filling in for Sam Mac and Beretts.

1 Like

Sam Mac may want more time off and less travelling now that he is a new dad. Possible he could spend more time in the studio presenting weather, with her roving reporter replacing that aspect of the weather.

7 Likes

And segments like the current Secret Santa that JT is doing.

2 Likes

Friday 2 December -
Rebecca Maddern presented solo in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

Also mentions Mike for the weekends.

Seven’s number one rated weekend bulletins on Saturday and Sunday at 6pm will remain in the very capable hands of the veteran presenter and reporter Mike Smithson when he takes over presenting duties from January 2023.

7 Likes

Love how they spend so long talking up Rosanna’s experience then just say “oh, and Will Goodings is Graeme’s son.”

11 Likes

IMO I feel like it is good for Rosanna to take over from Jane, but I am not sure about leap-frogging Will over Mike. The “new announcement” for Mike was just bullcrap as it basically is “Lets remove Mike for a few weeks then put him back on weekends and act like nothing happened!”

2 Likes

Takes over? More like returns to his previous role.

2 Likes

Should have put Mike back with Rosanna and Will do weekends solo.

1 Like

All for Rosanna getting the gig, quality newsreader. I’m not sure about promoting Will so early given he’s been there for about a month or so, should’ve had Mike in his place and pair Will up with Elspeth for the weekends.

3 Likes

Will’s a better long-term choice though, not to mention has a local profile as 5AA Breakfast co-host.

4 Likes