Seven News Presenters and Reporters

pat welsh

The Advertiser’s follow up interview with Jane Doyle:

9 Likes

Clearly no one at Seven updates this page… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Golf commentary? Is there any footage of this?

I remember him commentating on golf events in Melbourne that Channel 7 had in the late 1980’s and 1990’s.

Peter was a commentator alongside Sandy Roberts, Bruce Critchley and the late Renton Laidlaw & Jack Newton.

1 Like

Friday 25 September -
Alice Murray is presenting Morning News in Perth.

3 Likes

25/11/2022:
Paul Kadak is presenting Sydney’s Afternoon News.

7 Likes

Micheal Usher is presenting solo on the Sydney news tonight.

5 Likes

[quote=“beaversdream, post:4165, topic:15231”]
Friday 25 September -
Alice Murray is presenting Morning News in Perth
[/quote]Well back from Maternity leave already

1 Like

Saturday 26 November -
Rebecca Maddern presenting in the studio tonight with Mike Amor at Labor Party campaign headquarters.

Mike also reads the weather.

5 Likes

Brisbane sports presenter Katie Brown will join Sunrise next January as a roving reporter, reports The Brisbane Sunday Mail.

6 Likes

The Channel 7 Queensland sports reporter will shift to Sunrise in January

Judging by this wording sounds like Katie is leaving Seven News altogether so Seven News Brisbane needs a new Thursday to Saturday sports presenter next year.

1 Like

Why? Where’s Pat Welsh going?

I think it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Pat is retiring from television at the end of the year.

1 Like

And that Katie was taking over?

If Katie is “shifting” to Sunrise that makes me think it’s a full-time gig and she won’t be on 7 News anymore.

Sorry, I’m confused. Your post said “with Katie going to Sunrise means she’s leaving Seven News so they’ll need a new Thurs-Sat sports presenter”.

Katie isn’t the current weekend sports presenter, Those two things aren’t related which is why I’m confused.

Why does Katie leaving 7News mean they need a new sports presenter?

There was a change earlier in the year making Katie the Thursday and Friday sport presenter with Pat only doing Saturdays.

This post from nationalnews in February.

So over 7 nights they have 3 different sports readers? Weird. Why not just retire Pat back in February? Sounds a bit messy.

1 Like

Because he didn’t want to???

1 Like