Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Why can’t he go on for another 15 years?

Now that you say that. A potential Rosanna (Mon - Fri) and Will/Elspeth (Sat - Sun) isn’t the worst idea, as much as I dislike her I do reckon Elspeth can carry the weekend bulletins and given they’ve just brought Will in, makes sense to pair the two young ones up.

I would like to see Mike presenting Weekdays but I didn’t realise how close he was to Jane in age, not that age should ever be the barrier for opportunity in this industry.

Big decision by Jane Doyle. I suspected she was going retire soon.

It would seem the change to Rosanna and Will is part of the succession plan. I expect they will take over the weeknight bulletin.

Post Covid retirements/significant movements :
Leigh Sales
Tracy Grimshaw
Carrie Bickmore
Michael Pell
Jim Wilson…

to name just a few. Quite the upheaval.

I can’t help but think the impact of three years of covid news has impacted people in the news business.

People will always have personal decisions to make, but it does seem the fatigue has caused many to re-assess what they want to do. Which is understandable.

Nine News Adelaide has a superior bulletin, anchors, set and production. 7 News Adl is mostly car crashes and petty crime stories. Hopefully further changes will be made.

I’m sure he can, I have nothing against mature-aged newsreaders or workers in any industry.

But the simple reality is that a person in their sixties/seventies is much more likely to decide to retire at the end of the year than a person in their forties/fifties. In an industry (and market) that appears to value long-term stability above all else, that risk is a significant consideration.

1 Like

The accuracy, I’m amazed that Nine has always been second given how superior their product is. Perhaps Jane’s retirement could improve Nine’s ratings, they usually trail around 35,000 viewers on a weeknight, far more on Weekends during the AFL season.

1 Like

Probably the only newsreader I don’t enjoy seeing lampooned on that show. I’m sure she’s able to laugh at herself but I just think someone with her iconic status deserves a little more respect.

1 Like

Looks like The Advertiser had an interview with Jane prior to the announcement. It does say that she did flag her intention to step down 18 months ago to allow for succession planning

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/jane-doyle-to-retire-from-7-news-adelaide-after-33-years/news-story/b308f4d0ac880cbdee0f235ae3fa38f6

3 Likes

I’d see it the other way, if you’re that experienced, why is the banter so consistently awkward.

1 Like

Tim McDonald paid tribute to Jane on Twitter tonight.

Sadly one of our #CheapSeatsAU favourites is retiring! Congratulations ⁦@JaneDoyle7 on an incredible career at @7NewsAdelaide!

4 Likes

pat welsh

The Advertiser’s follow up interview with Jane Doyle:

9 Likes

Clearly no one at Seven updates this page… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Golf commentary? Is there any footage of this?

I remember him commentating on golf events in Melbourne that Channel 7 had in the late 1980’s and 1990’s.

Peter was a commentator alongside Sandy Roberts, Bruce Critchley and the late Renton Laidlaw & Jack Newton.

1 Like

Friday 25 September -
Alice Murray is presenting Morning News in Perth.

3 Likes

25/11/2022:
Paul Kadak is presenting Sydney’s Afternoon News.

7 Likes

Micheal Usher is presenting solo on the Sydney news tonight.

5 Likes

[quote=“beaversdream, post:4165, topic:15231”]
Friday 25 September -
Alice Murray is presenting Morning News in Perth
[/quote]Well back from Maternity leave already

1 Like

Saturday 26 November -
Rebecca Maddern presenting in the studio tonight with Mike Amor at Labor Party campaign headquarters.

Mike also reads the weather.

5 Likes

Brisbane sports presenter Katie Brown will join Sunrise next January as a roving reporter, reports The Brisbane Sunday Mail.

6 Likes