Seven News Presenters and Reporters

She moved from Melbourne to London a few years back.

3 Likes

Friday 11 November -
Angela Cox presenting Sydney’s 4pm news, Sally Bowrey did Morning News.

3 Likes

Mike is doing the Adl Morning News bulletins.

1 Like

Jane Doyle about to announce her retirement… (I assume)

11 Likes

Just did. Out at the end of the year, after 33 years

15 Likes

Great innings, well done Jane! Now to see who gets her gig, hopefully not Elspeth!

10 Likes

Pretty certain it’s either Rosanna and Will or Mike. Seems like Seven knew it all along that Jane would retire this year and had a succession plan in the running with the addition of Will Goodings.

Maybe Elspeth will do weekends?

4 Likes

Maybe Mike Smithson?

Mike is my guess as well, and well deserved given his tenure at 7 as well. The succession plan for the weekend appears to be going well too.

The video https://twitter.com/7NewsAdelaide/status/1593161790950584322?cxt=HHwWhMCttaeNhpwsAAAA

1 Like

I would say this as:

• Seven would have known earlier that Jane Doyle was going to retire. So, they would’ve decided that Mike Smithson would be the new anchor. They probably then replaced him with Will Goodings, and waited till now. The new plan for Mike Smithson hasn’t been announced yet, so that is why I think it will be him as the new main anchor.
2 Likes

Good on her. A great innings. I’d put my money on Mike too.

3 Likes

As I pointed out a few weeks ago, when Jane’s been away since Will has started, Mike stays on daytime and Rosanna does 6pm solo. You’d think that if they’d had it all planned out, the successor would be the one that covers Jane to get viewers used to the change.

Rosanna deserves it, but I don’t think they have the guts to put her there by herself.

Great innings Jane, what a magnificent career.

2 Likes

Adelaide’s mum :+1:

3 Likes

Jane’s last bulletin is on December 15.

3 Likes

Video

6 Likes

Doubt it will be Mike - he would have been transitioned straight from weekends to weeknights rather than being left in an ambiguous limbo between two roles. He’s also 63, only a year younger than Jane, so hardly a long-term face for the bulletin.

It has to be Rosanna. The question is whether she goes solo or whether they pair her up with somebody (either Will or Mike or somebody new).

3 Likes

The Cheap Seats will miss Jane.

7 Likes

This great, from her first night:

Plus, from Mike:

6 Likes

Not even her own company consider her name click-baity enough to include it in the title :roll_eyes:

6 Likes