Seven News Presenters and Reporters

It’s unusual having Peter Mitchell away (again this week) just before he takes his summer break and Victoria now going into election coverage.

2 Likes

I’d say, pleasant. Not unusual.

2 Likes

This week on the Gold Coast

Samantha Heathwood read the Gold Coast News - but from Brisbane - while the GC backdrop was seen, the set was not.

On Tuesday Sally Pearson was back presenting sport.

5 Likes

Bit of a commute for a half-hour bulletin…

1 Like

It is Teegan Dolling’s last day at 7 News today. She starts with Sunrise on Monday.

6 Likes

Can’t Teegan work with both Sunrise and 7 News at the same time?

She probably will file stories for the 6pm news from time to time when 7 news reporters are short.

That’s what Jessica Ridley and Samantha Brett did when they shared the Sydney reporting role between 2017-19 - and from memory Brett would report on The Latest on Monday nights.

Both are no longer at Seven.

2 Likes

No, because she’s being directly employed by Sunrise as a permanent full-time reporter. Given she’ll be reporting early mornings Monday to Friday, it’s highly unlikely she’d want to continue to appear on the 6pm news.

4 Likes

However i would say Barretts is probably also employed permanently by Sunrise and you see him present the sport once in a blue moon on the 6pm news in Sydney.

5 Likes

I dare say the only time he would present sport on 7NEWS these days is if both Mel McLaughlin and Matt Shirvington are unavailable, and if Matt Carmichael and Michelle Bishop are on assignment.

He was also the sports presenter during the Ross Symonds/Ann Sanders era, and for the first six months of Ian Ross’ tenure when he moved to Sunrise (he was replaced by Matthew White).

There’s also even been the extremely rare occasion that Natalie Barr has presented 7NEWS Sydney 6:00pm bulletin but to my knowledge this hasn’t happened since 2014. And though I doubt this will happen sometime soon I’d also like to see Eddy do the 6pm bulletin one day.

Also worth noting, Shirvington has been working at both ends of Fridays recently, doing Sunrise in the morning and sport on 7NEWS Sydney in the evening.

1 Like

Saturday 5 November -
Blake Johnson presenting news in Melbourne tonight.

Sonia Marinelli back presenting weather this weekend.

3 Likes

Sunrise Melbourne reporter Sarah Jane Bell filed a report on the Melbourne bulletin tonight. Perhaps she is a straight swap for Teegan Dolling?

4 Likes

Saturday (05.11.2022): Steve Titmus is presenting in Brisbane tonight.

Sunday (06.11.2022): Samantha Heathwood is presenting in Brisbane.

4 Likes

Sunday 6 November -
Mike Amor presenting solo in Melbourne tonight.

5 Likes

Monday 7th November

Peter Mitchell back presenting tonight in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Wednesday 9 November -
Angie Asimus is presenting the Morning News today.

5 Likes

As seen on The Cheap Seats

Tonight:

9 Likes

Yes I noticed that today… she must be freelancing again. I would say a few are on a well deserved break in the London Bureau.

4 Likes

A long way from AAMI Park.

5 Likes