Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Almost like different people have different preferences for presenters… who’d have thought

4 Likes

The recent ratings increase in Melbourne can’t really be attributed to the arrival of Bec Maddern. For a while, most of Melbourne watched Alicia Loxley over on Nine (who was still beating Bec & Mike for the majority of weekends).

One may see Rebecca presenting the news now and think that she is why Melbourne is succeeding in the ratings. Really, this is coincidental and there are a number of other factors that come into play (new graphics, AFL, viewer sampling, increased advertising push, more exclusive stories).

1 Like

Friday 17 June-

Robert Ovadia is presenting Morning News.

Angela Cox is presenting Afternoon News in Sydney today.

Amber Laidler presented weather in Sydney tonight.

5 Likes

Sunday 19 June-

Matt Carmichael is presenting sport on 5pm News and Sydney News tonight.

Michael Usher is presenting in Sydney tonight.

Andrew McCormack is presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.

7 Likes

Michael Usher anchoring solo tonight in Sydney.

2 Likes

(19/6/2022) Samantha Heathwood is presenting in Brisbane tonight.

10 Likes

Sunday 19 June -
Andrew McCormack presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.

I prefer Musher solo. Not a fan of the double header with Angela Cox

4 Likes

Abbey is up on the Gold Coast having presented the current affairs/panel award.

2 Likes

Monday 20 June-

Rebecca Maddern is presenting solo on Melbourne’s Afternoon News today.

3 Likes

He will also present in Sydney tonight, and possibly this week.

6 Likes

Tuesday 21 June -

Blake Johnson is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

4 Likes

I would say Mike is on annual leave.

1 Like

Are you suggesting they should replace Mitch, when he is currently dominating at 6pm?

He might not be, but I sure would be.

Put Bec solo in the chair at 6pm. Andrew McCormack on sport and bring Brownie back for weather.

Cue the hate.

3 Likes

I think the days of replacing and dumping talent due to ratings are over. Television ratings and news ratings more specifically are that low these days it really doesn’t matter who is presenting. The FTA news ratings are also going to get even lower due to the exodus of viewers. Look at the breakfast tv ratings this year.

1 Like

Jane Bunn is well established in Brownie’s old role and can stay as long as she likes in my view.

Tim Watson, also well established and has been on weeknights or weekends for a long time, there is no point moving him.

And Mitch will be able to be there until he retires I’d suggest. Once Hitch goes from 9, Mitch will be the most experienced face fronting Melbourne news.

4 Likes

I think this would work. Bec is a brilliant reader

2 Likes

Angela Cox is on holidays which explains why Michael is presenting solo in Sydney this week.

Wednesday 22 June -

Blake Johnson is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne again today.

2 Likes

I assume Mark Ferugson would also be away for the week, taking a well-deserved break.

3 Likes