Seven News Presenters and Reporters

That’s hilarious. Bec isn’t returning to Seven.

3 Likes

Where is she going then?

2 Likes

10?

1 Like

Maybe she’s going to none of the major networks?? They don’t just hire people if there’s no vacancies to accomodate talent leaving other networks.

7 Likes

Maybe Melbourne is following Sydney, Adelaide and Perth and having a double header on weekends? Mike Amor and Rebecca Maddern.

2 Likes

Unfortunately… loosing the biggest tv market in the country doesn’t bring in the $$$. Expect changes.

1 Like

Says who? Winning nationally brings in money.

Noticed a new reporter on the Sydney bulletin tonight, Liam Tapper. He’s a Senior News Producer at Seven, and was previously Senior Media Advisor to former Deputy PM Michael McCormack, so a good get.

1 Like

Indeed. Suits Seven to a tee.

3 Likes

Not really. Advertises do not buy on national figures. Sales teams do not sell on national figures. National figures are merely a PR stunt. The east coast brings in the most money for the networks, that is where everyone wants to perform best. Perth, and Adelaide to an extent, are just big country towns.

2 Likes

Judging by his LinkedIn, a role he held for all of a few weeks!

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see that. He probably lost the job when Barnaby returned as Deputy PM and presumably brought his own staff over, so maybe nothing to do with Liam’s work.

1 Like

No they’re not - they provide a measure as to how many people collectively watched a program/event.

Yes, demo figures/performance is extremely important for buying and selling advertising. However, it’s becoming really infuriating how many people/networks try to dismiss total viewer numbers as ‘irrelevant’ or claim they don’t matter when they’re an important measure in and of itself.

2 Likes

Well why are Perth or Adelaide included in the 5-Cities Metro anyway if they’re so-called ‘big country towns’? If Nine had their way they’d probably put Newcastle in the metro ratings too.

I’m sure Nine would love to win Adelaide and Perth as much as Seven would love to win the East Coast. At the end of the day all markets, regardless of sizes are important. Big markets bring in the money, smaller markets are harder to entice but are also lucrative if they get it right.

4 Likes

Seven loves having Perth since it always makes them look better.

For Nine it’s just embarrassing but every viewer counts.

2 Likes

They absolutely do. Why do you think SCA rolled out the Hit and Triple M brands nationally? Makes it much easier to sell national ads.

Sales teams will also sell to the strength…they aren’t going to advertisers to say “hey, we’re number two in these markets…”

They will 100% sell the national #1 for 18 years.

3 Likes

The decision to brand the regional stations Triple M was stupid. It would be the first thing I would reverse if I was managing SCA.

3 Likes

Peter Mitchell and his daughter Maisie feature in today’s Herald Sun, as Peter celebrate becoming the longest serving newsreader at Seven Melbourne (he started reading weekday news in November 2000).
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-milestone-mitchell-thought-hed-never-meet/news-story/cc516c85062f9954d4f89327c78d4214

2 Likes

I think you mean weekday news.
He commenced reading the weekend news prior, way back in 1988.

I’m assuming its the longest Seven Newsreader only in Melbourne though, as we have the duo in Perth?

8 Likes

Who can forget Rick and Sue?

6 Likes

Plus Ann Sanders in Sydney.

5 Likes