Seven News Presenters and Reporters

agree 100%

this will never happen. never ever never

Nine wouldn’t want her either. Their lineup is arguably more superior already.

Sydney reporter Tom Hartley is reporting from London.

4 Likes

After his stint in London David Woiwod has returned to the U.S. Bureau this week.

5 Likes

A very rare on location broadcast for 7 Brisbane meteorologist Tony Auden in afternoon news. Not sure why he was at Howard Smith Wharves though; but during the whole flooding crisis he reported from the studio. Earlier, Paul Burt first reported on the big swell from Surfers Paradise.

4 Likes

Thursday 7 April -

Rebecca Maddern is back presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne today.

Sonia Marinelli is presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News filling in for Jane Bunn.

5 Likes

I knew I had a video of it somewhere. Giaan did stints on Brisbane’s 6pm too:

4 Likes

7 News did Queenslanders such a disservice when they moved Kay & Rod to weekends.

Sharyn would have got her go eventually - Kay and Rod should have been allowed to see out their careers on weekdays.

You look at that clip, from nearly 7 years ago, and it could well be as recent as yesterday. The set hasn’t changed, and the presenters are arguably more identifiable, trusted, respected than the current line up.

Perhaps that’s because I grew up with Kay, and no disrespect to Sharyn, but nearly 10 years in the top job and it still feels like she’s the new presenter. And Max comes across like he’s the junior understudy.

9 Likes

Bang on. Everyone’s been saying that all along the way. Sharyn and Max (and Bill McDonald before him) deserved the weekday role but only after Kay and Rod finished their stint on their terms. They were winning ratings big time yet they were shafted for the B-team because Seven’s management couldn’t find anything else to stuff around with, and now they’ve lost both Kay and Rod because of their own mismanagement and sheer incompetence.

If Kay and Rod were still presenting today no amount of sensationalised crap on QTQ would be able to beat Seven (with their uninspiring presentation), which truly demonstrates the pulling power of Kay and Rod. What could’ve been…

6 Likes

Kay & Rod may have retired when they did regardless of whether they were on weekdays still or not. Also Kay has been able to expand her charity work with the reduced workload. So perhaps she is happy with the outcome from that perspective.

But totally agree - they should have finished on their terms. It will go down as the biggest misstep in Queensland television of the past 2 decades no doubt. Channel 10 scrapping their local news would be the closest rival.

2 Likes

Has it been mentioned who will be replacing Jacqui Felgate as weekend sports reader?

It will probably just go to Andrew McCormack, but chances are they will be hiring a new sport reporter to fill the void anyways. Would be great if Seven could poach someone from Nine or Ten, to either report or present.

It would be great if they could stick with a female sports presenter on weekends.

What about Sean Sowerby…?

He left Seven months ago.

The Herald Sun was suggesting Abbey Gelmi.

I think that’s only for AFL coverage like Footy Central updates.

Sunday 3 April to Thursday 7 April-

Matt Shirvington presented sport in Sydney filling in for Mel McLaughlin.

Friday 8 April -

Angela Cox is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney today.

Sonia Marinelli is presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News.

5 Likes

Five days late now. I’ve been logged out of MediaSpy on my iPad and am having trouble getting back in, but thankfully I haven’t been logged out on my phone. But last Sunday night weather presenters Sonia Marinelli (weekend weather presenter on Seven News) and Madeline Slattery (Friday to Sunday weather presenter on Nine News) both wore the same red dress on air.

2 Likes

3 Likes