Seven News Presenters and Reporters

What about Sean Sowerby…?

He left Seven months ago.

The Herald Sun was suggesting Abbey Gelmi.

I think that’s only for AFL coverage like Footy Central updates.

Sunday 3 April to Thursday 7 April-

Matt Shirvington presented sport in Sydney filling in for Mel McLaughlin.

Friday 8 April -

Angela Cox is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney today.

Sonia Marinelli is presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News.

5 Likes

Five days late now. I’ve been logged out of MediaSpy on my iPad and am having trouble getting back in, but thankfully I haven’t been logged out on my phone. But last Sunday night weather presenters Sonia Marinelli (weekend weather presenter on Seven News) and Madeline Slattery (Friday to Sunday weather presenter on Nine News) both wore the same red dress on air.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I noticed both wore red. Didn’t realise it was the same dress.

5 Likes

It’s hilarious when two people on rival networks wear the same dress isn’t it?

3 Likes

It happened a few years ago when both Jane Bunn and Livinia Nixon wore the same dress when they were doing the weather live from the races.

6 Likes

I believe it happened a few weeks back too… but the ABC was also involved with the same outfit (or very similar) .

Friday 8 April-

Rebecca Maddern is presenting in Melbourne with Sonia Marinelli presenting weather tonight.

Angela Cox is presenting solo in Sydney with Matt Carmichael presenting sport, with no weather presenter tonight Angela read the weather forecast.

9 Likes

After the weekend thing, they gave Rod the Seven Gold Coast News gig as he already lived on the Gold Coast and didn’t have to commute to Brisbane every time to read the news (he even did this when he was at the ABC).

Although he wasn’t broadcast across Queensland anymore it was a chance to be part of a start up bulletin and had the background in ratings success to take on Nine (although arguably if that success is still there today).

For the second week in a row, there was no Friday night weather presenter in Sydney.

3 Likes

It did, back in Feb!

https://twitter.com/anniemaykearney/status/1492040639726637056?t=B5bKwrrakdDRbpGilsFWhQ&s=19

7 Likes

Abbey Gelmi confirmed as Jacquie Felgate’s replacement according to Herald Sun and Rebecca Maddern’s Instagram story.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Interesting move.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Seven News Adelaide reporter Elspeth Hussey is the MC for the post-match presentation at today’s AFLW Grand Final at Adelaide Oval.

5 Likes