Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I doubt that kind of thing would have any weight in this decision at all.

1 Like

Don’t they share newsrooms? Or different levels? :rofl:

1 Like

Tony working ‘under duress’ at the Gabba reporting on the rain during the Ashes coverage.

7 Likes

Angie Asimus has revealed on her Instagram that she is starting a podcast where she speaks to Australian farmers who will share their stories with her. The podcast is called ‘Australian Farmers - Telling Our Story with Angie Asimus’.

3 Likes

Just like Edwina B?

2 Likes

Thursday (09.12.2021) - Friday (10.12.2021): Katrina Blowers presented the Brisbane bulletin.

Georgie Chumbley did Friday weather in Brisbane.

8 Likes

Melina Sarris is now on maternity leave.

5 Likes

Sharnelle Vella was yesterday appointed by The Lost Dogs Home as its newest ambassador.

3 Likes

Her outfits lately have been amazing. Lilac during the week and the stunning pink dress she wore last night were stunning.

1 Like

That set looks waaaay too busy. Hurts me eyes looking at it.

2 Likes

(Saturday 11/12/2021) Tim McMillan presenting national afternoon news from Perth in lieu of cricket after Australia wrapped up a 9-wicket win earlier in the day.

A bit Perth centric.

7 Likes

Well the bulletin was planned to go to Perth only. So maybe that’s why.

4 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne reports that Rebecca Maddern joining Seven is coming closer and closer, with all signs pointing to her starting with Channel 7’s weekend news team ‘within weeks’. Whilst Bec is expected to start early in the new year, there is speculation she may read on weeknights with Mike over summer.

It’s understood work will be getting underway in coming days to reconfigure the studio’s lighting and camera positions, and altering the desk, to accomodate both Amor and Maddern.

Seven is yet to comment on any changes.

8 Likes

Incorrect time showing in Sydney. It was showing Perth time on the screen lol

2 Likes

Mike Amore will likely read up until 23rd December and return on Monday the 3rd January. Blake / Jacqui will most likely read between Christmas and New Years.

Bec could start (with Mike) on the 3rd January if a contract can be agreed to and set changes can be made quickly.

4 Likes

7 let Mel Doyle go and take Rebecca Maddern back… making some poor choices still.

7 Likes

Saturday (11.12.2021): Georgie Chumbley presented Brisbane’s weather.

Sunday (12.12.2021): Katie Brown is presenting sport in Brisbane tonight. It’s her first time on 6pm.

9 Likes

Not quite equal. Mel commanded a bigger salary and lives in Sydney. There wasn’t anything for her to do in Sydney after Sunday Night was canned. Bec is in Melbourne where there ia clearly a need for her skills, and her salary would be far less.

5 Likes

Do we think Seven reportedly signing Bec is a good move? There seems to be a lot of negative comments on social media and news articles to the tune of ‘Won’t be tuning in’ ‘Will switch to Nine’.

I’ve always thought Bec is better hosting than she is at reading news, but I hope I’m proven wrong.

2 Likes

Completely disagree. She was a fantastic newsreader and it’s an excellent move by Seven.

1 Like