Seven News Content and Appearance

That’s right.

2 Likes

5pm caps

5 Likes

After the way Tim (and Emmy) were ridiculously shafted by 9, I’m so happy Tim had found his feet at 7. :clap:

13 Likes

I bet Nine regret letting Tim go. Emmy too. It’s a shame she hasn’t reappeared anywhere (unless I missed something).

Tim is great. It’s awesome seeing Tim and Angela present together on Seven when they were a team on Nine as well.

Nine do have some great talent now but they need to do better at keeping them.

Edit: It looks like Emmy now works in Communications for the Queensland Premier.

4 Likes

They were a very good duo. I miss Emmy on screen.

4 Likes

In case you didn’t see this in the presenters and reporters thread, set changes reportedly on the way for Seven News Melbourne.

7 Likes

The set is only approaching four years old, surely the visible changes wouldn’t be any more than possibly a new desk? And fixing the swoosh in the floor.

5 Likes

I hope they can at least get the two screens to join together so it looks at least somewhat polished. The gap between the two screens are so awkward.

3 Likes

I’d imagine the current desk would remain as it is fine as is and still works screen-wise, though perhaps there may be some slight technical adjustments to the angles maybe?

2 Likes

The desk would need to be modified to accommodate 3 presenters. The front walls might remain, but the top plate / computer screens would need to be adjusted or replaced. Along with the lighting and camera positions adjusted.

We might see a few OBs or a temporary green screen set created over the Christmas break while work is being done.

3 Likes

Lighting and camera is quite simple, just a reprogram of the automation setups.

I hope they they scrap the desk and do something better it’s the only thing that really brings down the set.

2 Likes

5pm

7 Likes

Staying on GC tonight. Brisbane News update at 7.55pm had an opener with a GC scene and looked like Katrina in front of a GC backdrop. Scrolling strap on screen promoted 5.30 and 6.00 pm news/

2 Likes

Local 10:30 News in Queensland.

Network feed.

11 am Queensland - another local bulletin

6 Likes

Gee that Queensland set looks horrible for a daytime bulletin.

No wonder they don’t show it off at Breakfast during local news for Sunrise.

5 Likes

Seven needs a better set for each of their markets. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth’s look horrible. Their only decent looking ones are Sydney and RQLD.

4 Likes

Local afternoon news continues today.

3 Likes

They should have the Sydney set used across all five markets.

3 Likes

I agree. If they can, they should also have it in regional QLD, NSW, VIC and WA (if bulletins are launched)

1 Like

Sets are expensive and, tbh, probably don’t have that much material impact on ratings on their own. And who cares if a viewer in Perth sees a different news set to a viewer in Sydney. The news is homogenised enough in presentation across the country, no need to add sets to that as well.

6 Likes