Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

The best option would be Rebecca Madden.

Would Blake Johnson be ready to take on weekends?

1 Like

It seems Saturday 26 May was her last.

https://twitter.com/tvtonightau/status/1001751637264809984

@SamSamTV

7 Likes

Can’t see Seven letting her back on air now that this announcement has been made. If she is still under contract I wouldn’t be surprised to see Seven enforce “gardening leave”.

If Keyte had been negotiating a new contract with Seven and they were playing hard ball, as they have been doing with on air talent of late, I wonder if that was a factor in her taking Ten’s offer? It is a big risk for her to go to Ten given their history of poaching staff and then letting them go when times get tough.

12 Likes

We’d better enjoy that bulletin as it will be the last we see her in HD for some time I assume :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Try and poach Jo Palmer from SCTV? She would be a great fit. Overall, Bruce seems good for the job, I would probably hate for someone like Jeoff Phillips to be doing it.

I just hope that Blake or Jacqueline doesn’t get it.

I really hope so, but it looks like there’s not going to happen at all :pensive:
I just hope that she doesen’t become the way of most of the Ten presenters that were laid off and faded away.

Didn’t Keyte work for Ten News sometime in the 1980’s?

Yes, as seen in this promo (0:23)

2 Likes

Bring back Helen Kapalos.

4 Likes

Good on Jen. Sucks to be Seven though.

1 Like

How long is David Woiwod working in perth for?

Will we see Jenn this weekend?

Blake will most likely be taking the role in the short run.

Jennifer’s switch to Ten will be on page 3 of Herald Sun tomorrow.

3 Likes

I don’t think we will see Jen this weekend, if she fronting Ten News from Monday. With Jacqui on holidays, the only other option would be either Blake or Nick McCallum. Emily Angwin and Melina Sarris have read Afternoon bulletins before, but aren’t 6pm ready. I really think Seven need to poach from somewhere.

1 Like

Monday? No way Jen is starting on Ten this Monday. These things take months.

6 Likes

This is massive. Congrats to her! Ten really is going to be a force to be reckoned with. They are slowly poaching everyone…

2 Likes
4 Likes

One of the articles mentioned that it will be a few months before we see her. I expect it to coincide with the refresh/rebrand that is expected to take place soon.

8 Likes

Or her current contract with Seven?

I would say she’ll be on gardening leave.

My bad. Apparently her last bulletin was last Saturday.

Seven should fork the money out for Tamara Oudyn. She began at Seven.

1 Like