Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Jacqueline Felgate is now on holidays expect either Emily Angwin or Blake Johnson will fill in for her.

5 Likes

Tuesday -
Blake Johnson is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News.

7 Likes

Max Futcher presenting Queensland afternoon news.

Blake Johnson is presenting Melbourne’s news again

At the end of the Queensland bulletin there was this static image on the closer

8 Likes

Could do with more mentions of 7 News tbh.

5 Likes

Jennifer Keyte joining Ten News?!

2 Likes

Now that is a massive shock.

Now who will present on weekends?

1 Like

Maybe Jacqueline Felgate?

4 Likes

Blake Johnson? :stuck_out_tongue:
But that would mean a 7 day working week.

2 Likes

watch the ratings dive

8 Likes

I would hope Blake Johnson gets the role, but realistically l think Jacqueline will take over the weekends and do 3 days on Afternoon News, like Alicia Loxley does on Nine Melbourne.
Blake will probably do 2 days a week on the Afternoon News.

3 Likes

That’s a big loss for Seven, given Jennifer has worked at the network for most of the past 30 years. Her departure throws out a possible succession plan for Peter Mitchell.
With Rebecca Maddern now at Nine (and on maternity leave), there are not many experienced presenters / reporters left at Seven.

10 Likes

Good opportunity to go ‘home’ and get away from that dreadful show before it’s axed.

14 Likes

While The Footy Show certainly isn’t the place to be if (pretty much) anyone wants a sense of credibility afterwards, I’m not sure if Seven News Melbourne is exactly somewhere good considering how downhill it has become there.

3 Likes

As long as Australian Ninja Warrior is on Nine she is not going anywhere.

I expect so, feel they need someone more experienced to fill the role.

2 Likes

Jo Hall is over at Nine doing regional news? Otherwise they could get someone from elsewhere.

Bruce Roberts on Win Vic doesn’t seem bad

1 Like

I wonder if Jen departs 7 immediately? Or will get to farewell viewers. She has given a lot to 7, including her outstanding coverage of the Victorian bushfires. I still remember watching that as it unfolded, including her speaking to Norm Beamen. That coverage went on to win a Logie and Quill award.

In terms of replacement, with the like of Michael Usher and Kay McGrath on weekends to the north, you would want to make sure it’s someone of that caliber.

3 Likes

Wonder if Mike Amor has been told start packing?

5 Likes

That is what happens when you under-utilise key talent.

Seven probably need to outsource because who they are likely to replace Jen with (Jacqui or Nick McCallum) are not the best options.

Aha, yes, Mike would be a good replacement.

6 Likes