Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Kay and Sharyn on weeknights with Max and Katrina on weekends would work well IMO. It’s pretty much their (only) best choice.

1 Like

The obvious choice would be Simon Reeve, who if I’m not mistaken moved to the Gold Coast a few years ago

Simon Reeve on an evening news bulletin sounds less captivating than just about any other anchor in the world, including Mark Ferguson and those used by ships.

Seven making more terrible moves. The rest of the network is following Perth down the route of poor production standards and low budgets. Sad for a once dominant news organisation.

7 Likes

Where are 7 finding their reporters these days? Im looking at you Gemma Acton. :thinking:

2 Likes

Her reports feel like something out of BTN sometimes.

5 Likes

Michelle Bishop presenting sport in national morning news again on Wednesday & Thursday this week.

2 Likes

Angela Cox is again presenting national morning news this Thursday due to golf on Seven again. Angie Asimus is presenting weather in both this bulletin & at 6PM.

4 Likes

So its Thursday, is there any news on Bill Mcdonalds firing from Brisbanes 6PM news?

2 Likes

Maybe he is moving to another network so Seven want to keep it quiet?

Today was the last day for sports presenter Katie Brown on the Gold Coast news. She is heading to Sydney and sounds like she will remain at Seven.

vlcsnap-2017-11-30-19h18m51s900

The Gold Coast Titans jersey she was wearing was signed by the newsroom staff.

vlcsnap-2017-11-30-19h20m41s313

EDIT: She now works for the NRL as a Digital Presenter.

6 Likes

As far as I can tell, he was still presenting the bulletin tonight. In any case, don’t they run the traditional Monday-Friday & Saturday/Sunday presenting rosters up there?

Presumably we’ll soon see Katie Brown reporting and (maybe) occasionally presenting Sports for Seven News Sydney?

2 Likes

No - that’s just some weird Sydney thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sharyn said tonight that it was Bill’s last night… and is going on holidays. He said that he is looking forward to going on a break and returning in 2018 (rather unexcitedly).

Looks like they will quietly kick him off over summer and return Sharyn solo in January 2018.

6 Likes

Opener and closing remarks for Bill McDonald’s last bulletin for the year.

6 Likes

Are we sure that he has even been axed? I mean, @Read_It_First is usually pretty trustworthy, but maybe there has been a change of plan?

From the very little I’ve seen of his newsreading style, Bill McDonald is a fairly so-so presenter IMO.

If there’s any market where the current choice of lead Seven 6pm newsreader (among many other things) needs a serious reconsideration, it’s definitely Sydney.

He could return in a different capacity or negotiations might be ongoing.

Rob Brough is in his sixties, perhaps Bill could be a replacement for him (with production shifting to Brisbane at the same time). Not saying it will happen next year but long-term it might be worth holding onto Bill.

1 Like

Maybe, but my sources assure me, tonight was his last bulletin. For Bill’s sake I really hope it wasn’t.

5 Likes

It is likely he has just been demoted from the news desk and was offered to do reporting next year. However, he probably rejected it as I am sure Ten offered him reporting ( after he was announced as the solo anchor than they changed their minds) but he declined. Bill might join ABC News, like Lexy Hamilton Smith has.

Surely you didn’t expect them to give him a big farewell.

Probably not the ideal option for Seven Local News. They have a strong array of replacements for Brough, with Joanne Desmond likely to replace him in SEQ and Steve Titmus co-hosting with Desmond in the north when Rob retires.

1 Like

that’s not exactly how it went down.