Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Rohan Welsh filling in for Pat on sport, who is doing the Golf Coverage, in Queensland for the second week.

1 Like

Amelia Broun presenting in Perth tonight. Is this her first time actually presenting a 6PM bulletin?

1 Like

No voiceover or super to intro Amelia. How hard could it be?

Probably because the voice over guy (forgot his name but he worked on 6PR) isn’t available on weekends and it was probably last minute shuffle.

Fred Bottica.

How bout a super?

Still think its lazy.

1 Like

Agreed.
Seven Perth has the tendency to never include supers

I don’t think it’s quite like that. Mark and Angie were both there hosting the Christmas concert anyway (which Mark has done for a few years now).
I think it’s more of a community involvement situation - it was barely covered on the 6pm news, just a 30 second live cross. If it had been just Angie or any other reporter, I’m sure it would’ve been covered the same way.

And out of curiosity, when was the last time Peter Overton MC’d a community event or something similar?

2 Likes

Emily Angwin tripped outside the AFL House in Melbourne during a live cross on Thursday, and posted the video on her Instagram the next day. It was quite funny.

3 Likes

I thought it was ridiculous and pointless. I don’t even get why stories have been written about it. It’s silly. Not even funny. This type of stuff would happen all the time.

Angela Tsun returned to present Seven News Perth Tonight.

2 Likes

I can confirm in a matter of days Channel Seven will announce that Bill McDonald will be axed as anchor for the networks Queensland bulletin. Replacement unknown at this stage.

For Bill, a return to Ten maybe?

14 Likes

Hmmm. Even if true, I feel this is a poor decision. They’ll likely go with Max Futcher, who will have no impact on ratings whatsoever.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trial a single presenter format for a while. The weekend figures have held up well this year.

Any chance that Rod could make a return?

1 Like

Yeah if they are cutting costs then I can’t see a replacement any time soon.
Hopefully he returns to Ten!!

1 Like

His omission from election coverage makes much more sense now.

4 Likes

WOW! Whilst I never liked him on Seven News, I am surprised they didn’t keep him until Kay retires and then demote he to weekends. Do you know if it is because of the ratings or something else?

This might be the way to go. Sharyn always performed well when she was solo on weekends. If they won’t to keep the double header, Kay and Sharyn would be great though, even though a female double header worked for 9Perth, might not work in the north which is very conservative.

@Tyson , I think you are correct in saying that Max replacing Bill will have no impact on the ratings- they will continue to lose.

2 Likes

Wow wasn’t expecting to read this, I know Bill personally and he’s such a nice guy.

1 Like

Bill is another casuality of poor decision making by 7 in the news department. It was absolute stupidity replacing Kay McGrath & Rod Young ,who were smashing the ratings and extremely popular with viewers, with Bill and Sharyn.
Bill and Sharyn have never really gelled.

6 Likes

With the weekend edition of 7 Gold Coast News being axed, Amanda Abate will purportedly remain with the weekday bulletin on the Gold Coast and fill-in at the Brisbane newsroom during the Christmas leave period.

1 Like

It appears the cost saving initiatives Seven promised recently have kicked in. It would be contract renewal time for McDonald if he signed the standard five year contract when he joined Seven in January 2013.

1 Like