Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And an automatic win to Seven News it is.

Seriously, I wouldn’t have minded Kay McGrath and Bill McDonald presenting together on weeknights, or Rod and Sharyn for that matter.

2 Likes

Disagree. IMO they brought him in to try and promote him as the ‘go to man’. Now they’re promoting his successor as the ‘go to man’.

3 Likes

@Mischievous1 do you think it’s the right move?

Out of curiosity does anyone know when Marija Jovanovic moved from Seven to SBS? only just noticed she moved to SBS on her twitter… probably replaced by Olivia Leeming?

@NewsAustralia Marija left Seven in August last year and joined SBS in September.

1 Like

No secret that I am not a fan of Ferguson. He should never have replaced Bath. IMO Usher is a better option but viewers haven’t warmed to him. I’d invest in Usher over Ferguson. But I don’t think either are the best choice for the main gig.

2 Likes

I’d personally like to see a Michael Usher/Melissa Doyle duo on Seven News Sydney. If you were to give those two enough time to build an audience and connect with that audience, I think Sydneysiders would really enjoy watching them and possibly even give Peter Overton a very serious run for his money in the ratings!

However, I also think that if either or both of the two above mentioned presenters were to be appointed to the 6pm chair, they’d want to make editorial changes to the news service. While this would probably improve the quality and credibility of Seven News Sydney, I’m not sure if the current management in charge with their pasts in more sensationalist media would really want that to happen!

4 Likes

Which resulted in?

this forum going apeshit about her dumping.

9 Likes

Correct. Ferguson’s appointment certainly didn’t have a positive impact on ratings.

Emily Anguin defiantly one to watch in Melbourne, miles in front of Jac Felgate and others.

Reminds me of a young Rebecca Maddern. Hopefully Seven give her airtime and I reckon she will do well long term.

2 Likes

Kay McGrath presenting solo mid week in Queensland… Why’s that?

Great to see by the way!

1 Like

Is the love for Kay finally starting to wear off on Queenslanders? Last night and the night before Seven News was smashed by Nine with Kay McGrath presenting.

Just because she lost 2 days doesn’t mean they don’t like her. The way I see it is if you constantly watch Nine News during the week then you would continue to do so. There has been no promos saying she is presenting, people wouldn’t change the channel to see who is presenting.

3 Likes

Talking about Nick McCallum, I’ve always been a fan & he is good at presenting (IMO).

But is it because he’s extremely popular OR just luck with the lead-ins (such as the AFL) that whenever he presents…

He pulls 400k+ audiences :open_mouth:

(It’s happened a couple of times this year now).

One of the most annoying reporters let alone presenters on Australian tv.

1 Like

Bill and Sharyn are both on leave.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:2243, topic:149”]
Is the love for Kay finally starting to wear off on Queenslanders? Last night and the night before Seven News was smashed by Nine with Kay McGrath presenting.
[/quote] As I said earlier unlike last week, Seven News does not have anchor on the ground in the flood affected regions with Melissa there for Nine.

To the contrary actually. Promos have the Bill and Sharyn endtags and the text under the Twitter Videos say Seven News with Bill and Sharyn, Tonight at 6.

Angela Cox presented the Early News today.

2 Likes

I quite like Nick as well. He has gotten better recently and reminds of me of an old fashioned 90s anchor in a nostalgic kind of way.

His “from our family to your family” sign off is also a nice touch.

6 Likes

@JohnsonTV Angela actually presented Early News every morning this week, and this morning she is also reading news on Sunrise