Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Rick Ardon was 19 when he started doing weekend news in Perth
Blake Johnson (31) could replace Rick In Perth in a few years maybe

With Seven News Sydney winning another week, it seems like Seven wonā€™t dump Fergo just yet. Does anyone still think he should be dumped (I do)? And is he is dumped by any chance, who is actually a suitable candidate to replace Usher on weekends (who will most likely become weekday anchor)?

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œTom_TV7, post:1294, topic:149, full:trueā€](who will most likely become weekday anchor)?
[/quote]

Mel, Angie Asimus, Sally Bowrey, Ann Sanders, Fergo, Sam Armytage or Nat. Take your pick.

2 Likes

Angie Asimus probably would suit that time slot

1 Like

Michael Felgate presenting sport in Melbourne this week.

2 Likes

New recruit to HSV-7 Blake Johnson has presented the first story (live-cross) every night this weekā€¦

3 Likes

Mal Walden :open_mouth:

First time Iā€™ve seen him on Ch 7 since he was sacked!

[20 to 1 Greatest News Events special]

Something I didnā€™t realise, David Johnston (ATV-10 怋HSV-7 News legend) & Ann Sanders co-hosted a number of major news events during the 1990s.

ā€¢Port Arthur
ā€¢Princess Diana

Wellā€¦ twoā€¦ at leastā€¦

5 Likes

Thursday (24.11.16) - Friday (25.11.16): Sean Berry presented the Early News.

1 Like

Chris Reason presenting Friday Morning News.

1 Like

And the (semi) national afternoon news.

1 Like

Seven News Sydney with Michael Usher won last night (as did every market, except Brisbane again).

Whatā€™s happening with Seven News Brisbane? They seem to consistently be losing to Nine News lately (even though the ratings are close)?

1 Like

I guess we can say Nineā€™s cricket kind of affected their timing of their bulletins ATM, but I guess we can also say congrats to Sydney and Melbourne for scooping another win.

1 Like

Remember it is one hour behind in QLD. Nine News started at 6:50 Sydney time, meaning it was 5:50 Brisbane time giving a lead in from the cricket at a normal time.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œLukeMovieMan, post:1307, topic:149ā€]
Whatā€™s happening with Seven News Brisbane?
[/quote] The weekend anchor is better than the ones who are anchoring the main bulletins.

[quote=ā€œLukeMovieMan, post:1307, topic:149ā€]
Seven News Sydney with Michael Usher won last night
[/quote] And Georgie Gardner and Nine News won last week.

1 Like

Presuming that Sue retires before Rick does, I wonder if thereā€™s a chance of him presenting Perthā€™s news solo for a few years afterwards? But of course, Iā€™m sure Seven will do everything they can to ensure that both Rick & Sue are presenting Perthā€™s 6pm news for as long as reasonably possible.

Re, world record for the longest news duo: I have no doubt Seven will go all out with the publicity when Rick & Sue from Perth manage to overtake Chuck & Sue from New York City as the record holders! :slight_smile:

Considering that Blake Johnson has just recently moved to Seven News Melbourne, Iā€™m not sure whether we should expect him to move back West once Rick retiresā€¦

1 Like

Michael Felgate presented sport Monday - Friday and also this weekend in Melbourne.

2 Likes

He is the best sports presenter down there, IMO.

1 Like

Angela Cox is returning to Australia permanently.

5 Likes