Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I suspect Blake’s transfer to Melbourne would have more to it than just ‘reporting’ duties. I would say he will become a main fill-in

6 Likes

Just saw the news, he was at Seven Perth for years.

I know it’s common for journalists to move to Sydney or Melbourne or switch between the two.

But I wonder what exactly he’ll be used for?

Surely ‘senior reporter’ and yes a fill-in on the studio?

With Blake starting soon in Melbourne he could be a potential replacement for Jacqui on Afternoon News when she starts maternity leave early next year.
In previous years Jacqui has read weeknight news during Christmas week,despite filling in for Mitch over summer Jennifer Keyte normally has that week off.l think we will see Jacqui reading weekends over summer,and most likely Blake also reading some bulletins.

1 Like

Nick Etchells was from QLD

Talking of Nick looks like he has moved to radio working for ABC,not sure if it’s on a freelance basis.

Robert Ovadia presenting Friday Morning News.

1 Like

I’d say he will do arvo news. Nick isn’t the best presenter… :confused:

Do we have a pic of Blake?

1 Like

Twitter pic

Are they doing rotations between Chris Reason, Angie Asimus and Robert Ovadia every two weeks?

I disagree. Nick is robotiic and emotionless.
Jacqi isn’t wonderful but there should be more capable reporters within the newsroom that should be there as fill ins. Even Emily Angwin would be great IMO.

Looking forward to seeing Blake on air in Melbourne.

2 Likes

I think it is just a matter of fact of who is available. Chris Reason did Sunrise early this week, so he probably did his hours for the week.

my top 5 would be Susannah Carr ,Anne Sanders,Jennifer Kyte, Peter Mitchell and Rick Ardon

Mel McLaughlin back presenting sports in Sydney.

1 Like

Rick Ardon presenting tonight

2 Likes

I presume that Rick and Sue will alternate each weekend to fill-in on Sunday, while Paula Voce presents Saturday. BTW why does Paula only present on Saturdays?

2 Likes

Blake started in Melbourne today reporting.

3 Likes

Doing a live cross for the lead story.

Are we expecting him to take over as fill in presenter? He’s young… early 30s?

So? He is still more than capable.

1 Like

Peter Mitchell was 27 when he became weekend anchor.