Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And Matt Carmichael presented sport on the Morning News today

4 Likes

Unless otherwise specified on here, I think itā€™s pretty safe to say that Matt Shirvington is the permanent Morning News sports presenter from Wednesday to Friday. Jacqui Felgate is the Monday presenter, and Matt Carmichael, Felgate and Shirvington have all done it on a Tuesday recently, so will just have to wait and see on that day.

On another note, I reckon thereā€™s a strong chance Jodie Speers will be back from maternity leave presenting the Early News this coming Monday morning.

3 Likes

Tim Lester is joining the US Bureau in October replacing Paul Kadak who will be returning to the Sydney newsroom after 2 years in the US.
No announcement as yet on who will be replacing Tim as political reporter in Canberra.

12 Likes

Wow, big surprise! I had a feeling Paul would be returning home but very surprised that Tim Lester of all people is heading over there.

In terms of filling the void at the Canberra bureau - Iā€™m predicting Sarina Andaloro.

Ashlee Mullany is nearing four years over there now, so I wonder if sheā€™ll return home next year. Although I assume the ā€œBureau Chiefā€ seems to stay there longer than the other correspondents.

6 Likes

I really like Timā€™s political reporting. I think heā€™ll be great in the States. Especially with the election coming up.

16 Likes

Me too- heā€™s one of my favourite reporters on 7. His bushfire field reporting over summer was great too.

13 Likes

Canā€™t believe its been 2 years, seems like he only just went yesterday.

3 Likes

The return of Paul Kadak will be a much needed boost to Seven News Sydney.

That would be good, although it still amazes me that Seven didnā€™t pick Sarina for the role of NSW Political reporter (particularly with her experience for Prime7, before moving to the major metro network) when Sean Berry left to become Gladysā€™ media advisor in January.

5 Likes

Or perhaps a straight swap with Amelia Brace returning to Canberra?

8 Likes

I donā€™t think so, I saw an Instagram story where it was mentioned that Amelia is moving to Sydney.

4 Likes

Amelia Brace is also getting married before returning to Australia.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEGC53Bh_dL/

:sparkles: the last Hollywood night :sparkles:
3.5 years ago @adambovino and I arrived on the same day, as strangers.
Now weā€™re leaving on the same day, to get married.
Looking forward to life in the lucky country, knowing weā€™ve been pretty lucky here :us: :australia:

Adam Bovino is a cameraman for Nine News, currently based at the US bureau.

11 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :wine_glass: :tada:

Congrats!

5 Likes

I am shocked with Tim going over to the US!

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200821-053158~2 Screenshot_20200821-053256~2 Screenshot_20200821-053450~2

6 Likes

Is Tim replacing Paul Caddic or are they boosting numbers for US election coverage?

Heā€™s replacing Paul Kadak whoā€™s returning to Sydney.

Replacing Paul Kadak as a US Correspondent but obviously he will be focusing on the US election along with Ashlee Mullany.

11 Likes

Very sad. Will she get another bulletin on The Latest so she can say goodbye? Or is that it?

8 Likes

I hope she does.

4 Likes