Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday 14 August & Saturday 15 August-

Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne.

8 Likes

Thursday 13th August-Saturday 15th August: Ben Davis is presenting Brisbane sport, filling in for Pat Welsh.

7 Likes

This forced banter at the end of Melbourne bulletin each night is horrendously awkward.

9 Likes

7NEWS Gold Coast co-presenter Amanda Abate has just announced her pregnancy (on her Instagram), due in 2021.

Hereā€™s what I think will happen in her absence:
a) Rod presents the bulletin solo
b) Rod co-presents with Bianca Stone (meaning Bianca will have to leave her role as QLD Correspondent on Sunrise temporarily)
c) Rod co-presents with Katrina Blowers three days a week, and goes solo the other two days

Any thoughts on what may happen with the Gold Coast bulletin during Amandaā€™s absence?

6 Likes

With a network that is currently finding ways to save money and has already made changes to save money on the GC, I do not understand why it would be a consideration to find a co-presenter for Rodā€¦

Iā€™d say he would be going solo (thats to say if the GC news is still around by that time in this current climate).

8 Likes

Yes. I agree. Solo is the most likely option. It will save money and it isnā€™t that uncommon for the bulletin to have a solo reader - every Friday and often during holiday periods it is a solo read.

However, they might consider a different reader for Fridays with Rod Monday-Thursday.

9 Likes

At the very least, theyā€™ll need someone as a backup. Highly unlikely to be Bianca Stone.

My bet is on Tamra Bow or Emily Arnold from Brisbane.

5 Likes

If they really want someone to read the bulletin alongside Rod, another option could be Angela Cox.

This way she will be closer to her mother who is unwell, and will have a permanent role (well, at least until Amanda returns).

They could easily get other staff to take over her existing roles in Sydney - doing news updates on The Morning Show, reading the 5pm news on weekends (although Angie Asimus will probably be back by then).

3 Likes

I really like Blake Johnson reading Melbourne news and he seems to have genuine chemistry with Jackie felgate. Hope he can do it more often or shuffle him into the main weekend news reader job.

10 Likes

Completely agree.

I reckon they should put Blake on the Fri & Sat 6pm news permanently.

I also reckon they should put Jacqui Felgate on the 4pm news every day of the week (Monday-Friday, not just only on Mondays & Fridays as she does now) as she did up until September 2018. Her news reading skills have improved a lot since then and she is good with the interviews theyā€™ve been doing.

The 4pm slot is a good chance to groom up and coming presenters and use your less senior members of the news team.

Personally I think Mike is better reporting than presenting.

5 Likes

No thanks. There are better presenters than her at Seven Melbourne.

She is more suited to sport.

4 Likes

In my opinion, Blake Johnson is the second best presenter in Melbourne (just behind Peter Mitchell). I reckon that Mike and Laurel Irving are okay presenters, but better used reporting, and Melina Sarris is best on weather.

I agree she is more suited to sports presenting, but when it comes down to familarity, Jacqui has been at Seven for 8 years now, whereas Mike has only been back in Melbourne for 2 years.

3 Likes

Shes technically only presented a handful of bulletins.
I wouldnā€™t compare her to the others, who have all being doing it for many years.

3 Likes

Sunday (16.08.2020): Laura Dymock presented Brisbaneā€™s weather.

9 Likes

According to Basil Zempilasā€™ latest Instagram post (sorry I donā€™t know how to attach it), if elected Perth Lord Mayor at the upcoming election, he acknowledged that when he has commitments such as council meetings, they will take precedence over his 7NEWS commitments.

Taking a quick glance at the City of Perth council meeting calendar, if elected Basil will be absent from Perth screens on the following days:

Tuesday 27th October, Tuesday 17th November, Wednesday 18th November, Tuesday 24th November, Thursday 26th November, Tuesday 08th December, Tuesday 15th December.

Not to mention all the functions/charity events heā€™ll need to attend.

A fair few days for your main sports presenter to be absent. I assume Adrian Barich (or maybe Ryan Daniels) will fill-in for Basil if he has Lord Mayor obligations.

2 Likes

Surely he shouldnā€™t have any role at Seven if elected?

9 Likes

Also, would they have to address him as ā€œLord Mayor Basil Zempilasā€ or something on the super?

2 Likes

Basil had stated previously if he is elected as Lord Mayor, heā€™ll try and continue to do his television and radio commitments.

2 Likes

It was mentioned this morning that if he is elected he wouldnā€™t be continuing with his radio show.

7 Likes

Tuesday 18 August to Thursday 20 August-

Monique Wright presented Early News.

Mike Amor is back presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne after having a week off last week.

8 Likes