Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Is she being redeployed elsewhere?

I assume general reporting duties in Sydney (similar to what Laurel Irving has done returning to Melbourne after a stint in the UK).

1 Like

Could also potentially be to QLD, where she grew up, as I donā€™t believe Amelia was ever a reporter in Sydney.

Ah, ok. I just assumed she was Sydney. I think sheā€™s also had a stint in the Canberra Bureau before moving to the U.S. so will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Prior to moving to the U.S. Bureau Amelia was a political reporter in Canberra for three and a half years.

2 Likes

4/8/2020 Matt Shirvington is presenting sport on the Morning News.

4 Likes

Edwina Bartholomew is presenting Early News again this week.

Tuesday 4 August-

Jacqueline Felgate will be presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne (most likely for the week).

3 Likes

Screenshot_20200804-154704~2

7 Likes

Guess he wonā€™t be presenting Melbourneā€™s 6pm bulletin tonight then?

Iā€™d expect Blake Johnson to present (doubt Mitch would want to come back from holidays early).

Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne from tonight while Mike Amor is awaiting his test results this week.

11 Likes

As well as Peter Mitchell!

Imagine if Blake Johnson and Jacqui Felgate were to also develop covid/flu symptoms and had to isolate at home, theyā€™d probably have to get Nick McCallum in to present!

2 Likes

Blake said at the start of the bulletin tonight
Good Evening both Peter Mitchell and Mike Amor are at home tonight not taking any chances with cold symptomsā€¦

10 Likes

If that was to happen we still have Laurel Irving or even Melina Sarris to step upā€¦but yes Nick could also be used, itā€™s been a very long time since he last filled in probably 2015 or 2016.

5 Likes

Blake looks very good on screen too :wink:

6 Likes

Blake is as good presenter. Good to see him being used of late again.

8 Likes

He brings a fresh approach and is refreshing thatā€™s for sure

5 Likes

ā€œAnd weā€™re doneā€

Was that his first time on a weeknight?

1 Like

No, he did present a bulletin or two last year in June/July because Peter was off sick, and Mike was already on leave.

Also, at the end of last year/start of this year (a distant memory IMO), Mike presented on-location from Gippsland, and Blake was in the studio with the rest of the dayā€™s news.

Blake is future 6pm material IMO. He clearly has been taken under Rick and Sueā€™s wing when he was in Perth.

8 Likes

Personally I would rather have Blake replace Peter Mitchell than Mike Amor when the time comes.

No offence to Mike, Iā€™m sure heā€™s a lovely person, but I donā€™t particularly like his presenting style with the sensationalist tone and emphasising words that donā€™t need to be emphasised.

4 Likes