Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I get the feeling they’re slowly phasing out Sean Sowerby with Andrew McCormack on Melbourne’s 4pm news (though for all we know Sowerby could’ve just been on holidays for a few days this week).

Anyways they’re both good sports presenters.

2 Likes

Friday 31 July-

Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne filling in for Mike Amor.

8 Likes

It happened the day before Jacqueline’s birthday today. She celebrated her big day at work.

1 Like

Today was 9th Strive To Be Kind day on behalf of The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation. There was a lot of yellow to be seen especially on Seven who crossed to an event; 10’s Georgina Lewis had a ribbon.

8 Likes

Rick presenting solo for the 2nd night in row

7 Likes

By the looks of things he departed Melbourne a few days ago - as he posted a social media story of himself with his parents at Melbourne Airport before he flew out.

4 Likes

Saturday 01st August: Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne again tonight.

Angela Cox is presenting the 5pm news out of the Brisbane studios, and is most likely basing herself there for a while (I may be wrong).

6 Likes

Woiwod was seen in a report on Seven News Melbourne this evening, on the latest Black Lives Matter protests in the US.
https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1289478123134660610

5 Likes

I thought the same. Isn’t her mum ill and lives in Qld? Maybe she came up to be with her before the borders closed.

That’s what I was thinking, I remember seeing something on social media a while back about Ange’s mum being ill so presumably she is taking care of her mum up in QLD, all the best to her family.

At least they’ve got lots of back-up presenters who can fill-in for her on TMS News Updates in particular, and on other bulletins across the network.

5 Likes

Just saw the report for myself - looks like he must have appeared in front of a green screen if he’s still in quarantine.

It didn’t look like a green screen to me.

I’d say he’s received an exemption, the thresholds are much lower in the US than they are here. May have also been tested since arriving in the US and would have returned a negative result.

I don’t think the USA has a quarantine period for Australians.

1 Like

Updated:
Sunday 2 August & Monday 3 August-

Mike Amor presented in Melbourne.

7 Likes

I was wondering when Peter Mitchell would be taking holidays.

That must explain why Blake presented the last couple of nights, so Mike can have a couple of nights off.

2 Likes

Sunday 2 August-

Melina Sarris is presenting weather in
Melbourne filling in for Jane Bunn tonight.

Christie Cooper Melbourne’s Chief of Staff is heading off on maternity leave.

Screenshot_20200802-114436~2

8 Likes

I think that given the ever-changing COVID-19 situation in Melbourne, it would be wise for the Melbourne newsroom to have someone such as Blake Johnson out on the road permanently and staying out of the studio/newsroom (which was happening for a while but he has since returned to the studio), in case there is a situation where one presenter tests positive to the coronavirus and the rest have to isolate, they can then bring Blake in to present as he wouldn’t have been at the studio and wouldn’t have to isolate.

5 Likes

Monday 03rd August:
Jane Bunn is back presenting weather in Melbourne, and Mike Amor presenting in Melbourne tonight, pretty much confirms he’ll be presenting all week.

6 Likes

Has David Woiwod replaced a reporter in the US, or has seven added a 4th reporter to its US bureau?

Replacing Amelia Brace