Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sunday 26 January-

Estelle Griepink presenting weather in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Caps

8 Likes

Thankfully, he is on sport today. And with Katrina back from holidays, hopefully they do a handover. Looks like they’ve organised it well, which is great. It’s going to be a tough bulletin- I’m already emotional.

4 Likes

Kay’s final bulletin

Coming Up

15 Likes

Pat Welsh said it was a special request to be there tonight and he wasn’t going to miss it.
Rod Young’s voice on the preview of the interview with Kay coming up.

7 Likes

Pat: “Not sure who’s going to need the tiussues more.”

10 Likes

Weather at 6.46. This is going to be a big farewell for Kay.

6 Likes

Caps from package

17 Likes

That was an amazing tribute and farewell. Not rushed at all as they often are. So much footage and even magazine photos. Lovely that Kay got to hand over to Katrina.

8 Likes

Teary farewell

13 Likes

This is the package during which Kay said she was not retiring but re-purposing and would be presenting special reports and appearing on the Queensland Weekender lifestyle program.

11 Likes

Remix of the inrto at 2.54 - they used the old Mission theme with Mike Higgins voicng the intro for Rod & Kay. Problem is, Rod didn’t start until 2002 - the old Mission theme ended in late 1999…

6 Likes

No mention or vision of Des McWilliam either - only Tony Ryan & Geoff Mullins at TVQ.

2 Likes

Yes, beautifully done and richly deserved. Here is part of her farewell, with thanks to her families and viewers:

https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1221363469171093504?s=20

Katrina said some nice words too. Hopefully someone has some of that.

11 Likes

Gosh the authority of 7 News of past decades gone by. Just no comparison today (across all networks actually).

1 Like

Full bulletin (adds may appear due to music played during the farewell).

14 Likes

I wonder what the song used in the farewell was. Sounds to me that the song is “Wish You Well”.

The song sung by Bernard Fanning was used in Tracey Challenor’s final bulletin in February 2007.

1 Like
1 Like

This is from today’s Australian in a report on age and sexism in television that features interviews with Sandra Sully and Melissa Doyle:

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 12.53.39 AM

8 Likes

Unless The Australian knows something that we don’t (not saying it isn’t possible, but personally I have my doubts), then someone should tell them that Melissa Doyle hasn’t presented Friday/Saturday night bulletins for well over three years now…

4 Likes