Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Queensland Afternoon News presenter Kendall Gilding finished today and is now on maternity leave.

Katrina Blowers is her maternity relief from late August/ September. In the interim, Joel Dry (Mondays) and Amanda Abate (from the GC Bureau) will be presenting.

8 Likes

Friday 26 July -

Matt Carmichael presented sport in Sydney.

Chris Reason is now reporting on the world swimming titles in South Korea.

4 Likes

Saturday 27 July -

Estelle Griepink is presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

5 Likes

Josh Ribarich from Prime7 News Albury filed a health report for Seven News Melbourne tonight.

1 Like

I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned on this forum that Prime7 Local News state political reporter Sarah Navin filed a couple of reports for Seven News Sydney this weekend.

Of course it’s not the first time Sarah Navin has appeared on the Sydney bulletin, also filing a report on July 6 and during Summer 2018-19. But still I wonder if she might become a permanent reporter for Seven News at some point in the future like her predecessor at Prime7 (that of course being Sarina Andaloro) did earlier this year…

1 Like

Monday 29 July -

Perth reporter Rob Scott is reporting from U.S. Bureau.

2 Likes

Paul Kadak still on holidays perhaps?

Mylee Hogan has been in North America for about a month now, but I don’t think her move there is permanent.

2 Likes

Queensland Afternoon Presenters for the next few weeks, commencing 29 July.

Monday: Joel Dry
Tuesday- Friday: Amanda Abate (from the Gold Coast Bureau)

6 Likes

7 Likes

Wednesday: Ryan Phelan presenting sport in Sydney

5 Likes

Must be a long day for him appearing as early as 8:45am on Sunrise this morning to presenting sport on Seven News Sydney tonight.

From what I think, this is the first time he’s presented sport on the 6:00pm bulletin on any night since he was bumped off the bulletin in early 2016 (when Mel McLaughlin was appointed weeknight sports presenter and Jim Wilson was moved to Fridays and Saturdays).

2 Likes

Taylor Aiken and Paul Kadak are both back from their respective holidays, while Jessica Ridley has gone on hers.

EDIT Mel McLaughlin is in England covering the Ashes for Seven News.

2 Likes

Ryan was a fill in sports presenter in late 2016 and on occasion in 2017.

2 Likes

Thursday 1 August -

Emily Angwin is presenting weather in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Jane Bunn is currently on holidays.

Emily Angwin will be filling in over the next 10 days.

5 Likes

Definitely just covering other correspondents holidays once again and doing a fantastic job.
She certainly deserves a permanent Foreign correspondent role one day.

6 Likes

That being said, I don’t think I’ve seen Ashlee Mullany all week (she’d been covering the recent case of the Aussie being murdered in Canada last week). Mylee also had a brief stint in the States late last year in between Mike Amor returning to Australia and Paul Kadak making the move stateside.

Laurel Irving is also on holidays with Sharnelle Vella covering for her in London. Would love to see either Vella or Jessica Ridley get a gig in London one day.

2 Likes

With the current Seven News Melbourne set, I believe the desk used to be where the cameras are now (i.e. when the bulletin had the newsroom in the background between 2002-05)? I remember that brown wall in the left of the image used to be part of that 2002-05 set.

This is the pre-2005 set I’m talking about here -

5 Likes

Does that include Friday and Saturday?

2 Likes

Friday 2 August -

Matt Carmichael presenting sport and Amber Laidler (Sydney news reporter) presenting the weather on Morning News.

@JohnsonTV Emily Angwin is presenting weather in Melbourne.

6 Likes