Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

These allegations sound very serious and if true, Jason Morrison really should’ve just given Josh Massoud the sack rather than simply suspending him.

Just a shame the main breakers of this story are Ray Hadley & Annette Sharp - two Sydney media personalities I don’t find particularly trustworthy.

There was a report by Danny Weidler (since he’s also Nine’s rugby league reporter, make of that what you will) in The Sun Herald in February 2016 about questionable conduct by a reporter as he exited his old job, although no names were specifically mentioned.

As for Josh Massoud, it’s to my understanding that he isn’t exactly the best of friends with Ray Hadley…

1 Like

Liam Cox was named elsewhere.

1 Like

Morrison’s position as head of news at Sydney is significant, but is he allowed to axe on-air journalists? Or would that come down to Tim Worner or Seven Sydney general manager David Porter?

1 Like

His position is almost certainly one that is allowed to hire and fire.
Worner would only be involved/kept in the loop as a matter of courtesy, given it’s a public reputation matter. He has much more important things to worry about than the employment of individual journalists.

10 Likes

There is also due process that should be given to every employee of every company in the country. Suspension is a formal step in any dismissal or disciplinary process and it can lead to more action needing to be taken or alternatively an understanding and mediation. And that is generally for the benefit of all parties involved if done correctly.

6 Likes

More than just allowed, it would be one of his main responsibilities.

3 Likes

Interesting “exclusive” report on 9 Regional News Queensland tonight on the same thing:

1 Like

I think that is the first interview with Todd Carney since the story broke so that really is an exclusive in my opinion.

Emily Angwin presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.
Melina Sarris is having a holiday in South East Asia according to her Instagram. She is now in Vietnam after visiting Thailand and Cambodia.

5 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be exchanging Christmas cards this year…

3 Likes

Seven Perth reporter Geoff Parry has not been seen in quite some time, do we know if he has moved on or just on holidays.

2 Likes

Sally Bowrey is presenting Sydney’s weather tonight.

4 Likes

The legend Susannah Carr will be reporting live from London next week on 7 news Perth

8 Likes

Angela Cox is presenting 5pm News today.

2 Likes

Why did Seven News Sydney send Robert Ovadia to WA to report on the aftermath of yesterday’s Margaret River massacre? Aren’t Perth-based reporters capable of filing reports for the rest of the country and do live crosses?

2 Likes

Samantha Brett presenting the weather in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Guess not.

Probably because of the “viewer familiarity” theory - Sydneysiders being more familiar with Robert Ovadia (who I don’t rate particularly highly as a journalist, but that’s another story) than any Perth-based news reporters.

2 Likes

As previously stated earlier today, Seven usually send in a reporter from Sydney or Melbourne to provide a national perspective for interstate viewers. Blake Johnson was sent to Hobart yesterday for the flood coverage.

2 Likes

Bullshit about Sydney viewers want a well know reporter
COME ON REALLY

1 Like