Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

When you’ve made hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for many years, pursuing other opportunities at potentially less annual income wouldn’t be too tough on him.

Will be interesting to see what happens now. I have my money on Rod Young though. New set incoming?

Do we think he could be poached by Ten again?

You’d think if McDonald and Seven hadn’t come to an agreement before the end of 2017, he wouldn’t have been back to start the 2018 ratings year.

If changes were on the cards, and rumours suggest they have been for some time, it would’ve been a good idea to have the new team in place at the start of the year so they could be bedded in well before the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games started and BTQ had the attention of all those extra viewers tuning in to the big local event.

Just another in a long list of bad decisions McPherson has made.

5 Likes

only way I can see Ten taking him back is in a senior journo role like Lachlan Kennedy was.

2 Likes

In Tens current form yes, but who knows in 12 months time.

You’d have to think after years of presenting the news that he wouldn’t be overly interested in going back to say, sports reporting or something like that as that’s clearly what his passion is.

Though he would make a good back up presenter option for when Georgie is away and wouldn’t be too unfamiliar with viewers either on Seven or Ten.

1 Like

Audio from Bill’s chat with Nova Brisbane this morning

perhaps his ‘other interests’ include not having to read an autocue five nights a week…?

4 Likes

Bill’s last bulletin - he was allowed to say goodbye.

7 Likes

No highlight’s reel for Bill so let’s reminisce with two clips from January 2013

Tonight

8 Likes

Unfortunately Sharyn and Bill just never really clicked.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Bill says the amicable decision came after he wanted to do a hybrid of sport and news and that wasn’t the way the network wanted to do things.
He made the decision 4 months ago.
The courier mail pic in yesterday’s paper was obviously a “Papp” shot. He said he would gladly have given them a photo if they wanted one.
Nice bloke. I wish him well.

1 Like

Best of wishes to him. Well handled on the photo. I haven’t seen it as it’s exactly that reason and others that turned me off the paper decades ago. Doesn’t matter what the photo is, the newspaper is fast becoming irrelevant and such photos/stunts only help it along.

@tvcynic thanks for the video, most appreciated.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the photo either. Stppped reading the CM trash a few years ago too

2 Likes

Go on 7Brisbane. Pair up Kay and Sharyn. Be brave. It’s at least worth a try until you find a suitable male anchor. I personally can’t think of one anywhere in Brisbane atm

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Max Futcher was an option for reading with Sharyn. Will be a horrible mistake if they do though.

3 Likes

do they have to have 2 anchors?

2 Likes

Probably not. But an hour bulletin would be long to read solo I imagine, maybe not. Solo is probably better for 30 mins.

How do Peter Mitchell, Mark Ferguson, Peter Overton and Peter Hitchener cope with it?

11 Likes