Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Whats wrong with it?

1 Like

Melina Sarris is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News today, her first time presenting a bulletin this will be interesting to watch :worried:

She will also be presenting tomorrow afternoon.

7 Likes

Paul Burt is back to present the weather on the 4pm and 6pm bulletins in Brisbane this week.

4 Likes

Melina was great for her first bulletin.

6 Likes

Not a great look with Mike Amor mispronouncing veteran state politics reporter Brendan Donohoe’s surname in a live cross tonight. He’s only been with the network 20 years…

3 Likes

Pretty sure viewers across VIC would prefer a journalist like Mike Amor, who’s been with the network for decades and is a Bendigo boy.

Rather than someone junior and unknown.

I watched tonight and didn’t notice a single slip, only thing was his red eyes (though didn’t look as bad as some here has said).

Great to see him :grinning:

NB/
He said on social media, he was severely jetlagged the other day.

Also, I believe he last presented a bulletin over a decade ago?

Harsh?

Who knows if he knows him well or is even friends.

Could’ve even just been an autocue reading slip, it happens.

Given he’s been based in the US for much of those 20 years.

4 Likes

Not harsh. It’s how it comes across. Long-time viewers know how it’s pronounced. The anchor should, too.

Just went back to the video and had a look.

Mike said “Brendan DonoHOE” (instead of …“hue”).

Hardly a hang-able offence, given many viewers who aren’t regular viewers or journalists/presenters who don’t know him well, especially under live TV conditions, could easily make the same mistake.

I once upon a time thought the same of his surname.

I thought you meant he completey got his name nowhere close

I do remember him doing some national Morning News, that video looks to be from 2007 / 2006 so I would say that was around the time when I saw him presenting.

3 Likes

The anchor should have seeked a pronunciation guide or been supplied one. Same as someone from out of state mispronouncing a street name or suburb.

5 Likes

Don’t autocues (when needed) provide the phonetic spelling?

Yes, so I can only assume there wasn’t one supplied, especially as he didn’t correct himself.

2 Likes

Michelle Bishop presenting sport in national morning news on Wednesday & Thursday mornings this week.

Seen Michelle Bishop’s name mentioned on here a few times and seen her presenting sport… She has great presenting skills. Where abouts was she from and when did she join seven?

2 Likes

Mark Mooney from Adelaide is reporting in the US as of yesterday, filling in for Mike while he is presenting in Melbourne I assume.

1 Like

Max Futcher presenting Seven’s Afternoon News in Brisbane Thursday and Friday this week.

4 Likes

Paula Voce presenting Perths News at 4

2 Likes

Angela Cox will be presenting Seven News Sydney on Christmas night.

6 Likes

How can you know for sure today? I don’t see any mention of it on social media and typically you can’t be sure until the day. I’m just asking where you heard it.