Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She will also be presenting tonight.

In fact, I find it rather funny how both Blake and Sam are presenting the 6PM bulletins this weekend in Melbourne & Perth respectively when they both used to present in Perth on Saturdays…

1 Like

(17/9/2017) Kay McGrath is back presenting in Queensland tonight.

4 Likes

Sam Jolly presenting perth news again tonight

3 Likes

Strange as they had a VO for when she was on Early News. I think Freya is far better than Samantha Brett.

4 Likes

Ryan Phelan presenting sport in morning news today

2 Likes

Georgie Chumbley has joined the Seven News team in Brisbane as a reporter, was previously at Nine News Darwin as a reporter until earlier this month. Tristan Vorias has also joined the Brisbane news team from radio station 4BC.

2 Likes

Great news. Seven Brisbane is in dire need of some decent talent.

1 Like

Freya Cole presented Friday weather on Morning News & Sydney 4pm/6pm News.

3 Likes

Jane Bunn presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News from the Melbourne Showgrounds,The Royal Melbourne Show starts tomorrow.

3 Likes

I am really enjoying seeing Freya presenting the weather. She is so good at it plus I think she is really pretty, more so than some of the other female presenters imo anyway…

1 Like

Good to see Seven developing their young talents like Nine.

2 Likes

Personally, I think you have to give Prime7 a fair bit of credit for developing the talents of Freya Cole before she moved to Seven Sydney earlier this year… :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah absolutely. I mean without her experience at Prime7 I think she might’ve been any generic reporter we see on our screens in Sydney today.

2 Likes

What does ones attractiveness have to do with their abilities to do their job, especially in this instance?

I’m sure some of the female presenters on 7 would really appreciate what you just wrote.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that the other female presenters aren’t attractive either in any way. Maybe I should have written this differently but I was just trying to compliment Freya on her good job but it may have come out wrong.
I actually do think one’s attractiveness does have a lot to do with their abilities to do their job, particularly if it involves TV presenting.
In this day and age with social media and bullying etc, I would think that all the female presenters would need to make sure they are very attractive and it may be the sad truth but it could be partly this that contributes to the ratings of the news service.
And why else do all these female presenters spend a good hour or so at least before they actually start presenting the program, in the make up room.
It’s so they can be made to look ‘nice and attractive’ as society would perceive them when they are presenting.
No female presenter these days presents with minimal to no makeup since society probably would perceive them to be ‘ugly’ this way.
Don’t criticise me, I’m just stating the cold hard truth in the views of much of society, not mine in any way here. Sorry for the rant but that remark you made at the start was stupid and incorrect, you mustn’t have thought of the bigger picture.

1 Like

you did not say they weren’t attractive, correct. You did compare her, so inferring that she is more attractive, therefore saying other presenters are less attractive.

You could’ve easily just ended your post after writing ‘she is good at it’. if you did stop it there, it wouldn’t have been a bit ‘off’.

You have a point here. I agree that bullying can have an effect on people and it’s a sad thing when it goes out of control. Some people bully others about beauty and attractiveness which is pretty disgusting.

In this instance I don’t think bullying is the main reason for presenters to put make up on. I would think a big factor would be lighting or covering up a small few blemishes.

Have you considered that they might wanna look good for themselves? Not everything everyone does is to impress anyone else.

I hope people go to watch the news, like me, to be informed about events which could affect their day to day lives, not have a wank session over the attractive presenters.

You do know it is not only female presenters that take time in the make up chair? Male presenters also go through this part of the say and I don’t see you complimenting them saying they look more attractive than another male presenter. Granted, females have more time because of their own beauty standards, it doesn’t mean they’re the only ones having make up applied to them.

Nor would any presenter, irregardless of their gender; male or female. Ugliness is not limited to the females, Anyone can be ugly.

Here is some A-Grade deflection on your part, bravo.

if it was incorrect, it is only because of your own words.

I have thought of the bigger picture because if I were a female presenter at seven news and I read that post I would not particularly feel very pleased about it.

EDIT: Back on topic, I wish Angela Tsun was back on weather and not Sunday news. Sam Jolly doesn’t come across like she is as informed as Angela. make it happen pls

7 Likes

Peter Mitchell is presenting in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

Wait, Mitch is presenting tonight, on a Saturday, for the prelim final?

I certainly could not agree with you more here man. I have hated having Sam Jolly present the weather ever since she started.

Michael Usher presenting 5pm News.

3 Likes