Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

With the current Seven News Melbourne set, I believe the desk used to be where the cameras are now (i.e. when the bulletin had the newsroom in the background between 2002-05)? I remember that brown wall in the left of the image used to be part of that 2002-05 set.

This is the pre-2005 set I’m talking about here -

5 Likes

Does that include Friday and Saturday?

2 Likes

Friday 2 August -

Matt Carmichael presenting sport and Amber Laidler (Sydney news reporter) presenting the weather on Morning News.

@JohnsonTV Emily Angwin is presenting weather in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Amber’s profile within the Seven Network is probably starting to expand now that she regularly appears on Sunrise in the place of Jessica Ridley (who is on holidays for a few weeks).

I also wouldn’t be surprised if she got a role within Seven Sport, given she is the wife of former Sydney Swans player Jeremy Laidler (who also played for Geelong and Carlton).

Angie Asimus was back presenting the weather on the Sydney afternoon news, too. Must’ve been a long day for her after reading the news on Sunrise this morning.

4 Likes

I have never met someone on here so fascinated with reporters and the duties they carry out within a network

8 Likes

You should have seen what Mediaspy was like in the mid 2000’s!!!

5 Likes

Friday 2 August -

Matt Carmichael presented sport in Sydney.

3 Likes

Friday (02.08.2019): Tony Auden presented Brisbane weather tonight, with Liz Cantor on surfing.

4 Likes

Will miss Kendall. She’s a breath of fresh air in news presentation.

1 Like

Political reporter Jennifer Bechwati returned to reporting from Canberra this week.

1 Like

Saturday (03.08.2019): Laura Dymock is presenting Brisbane’s weather tonight.

3 Likes

Saturday 3rd August - Emily Angwin presented weather in Melbourne tonight.

1 Like

Correct. The windows to the newsroom can be seen here.

3 Likes

Sunday 4 August -

Estelle Griepink presenting weather in Melbourne.

Monday 5 August -

Emily Angwin is back presenting weather in Melbourne.

Jim Wilson is presenting sport in Sydney filling in for Mel.

6 Likes

Jessica is back from her holiday this week.

Has Mel actually filed any reports for Seven News? Because I’ve only noticed Bureau Chief Hugh Whitfeld reporting on the Ashes.

1 Like

I haven’t been watching Seven News at six recently so wouldn’t have any idea. Either she might be on assignment for another network or she may be on holiday, which I doubt.

Jess wasn’t on Sunrise this morning, perhaps she’ll be back on the show tomorrow (Amber Laidler reported in Sydney). I also think she might be winding back her time on Sunrise as she has not appeared that regularly in recent weeks.

2 Likes

Worlds longest news duo back together in Perth tonight

4 Likes

Wednesday 7 August -

Amber Laidler is presenting weather on Morning News.

7 Likes

Alex Hart presenting The Latest tonight

6 Likes

Brisbane afternoon News

The Ekka starts tomorrow - Seven getting in early with multiple reporters. Expecting all networks to report from the grounds at some stage with weather to come from nearby vantage points that have the side show in the background.

6 Likes