Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I think thats why Perth is winning, because they keep things simplistic and have had the same presenters for a while

2 Likes

Yes, I believe she will be too according to Seven Perth’s twitter account, thanking her for her time on the Perth news and I sincerely hope we will see her back where she belongs too, on Sunrise!!

Sharyn and Bill probably have chemistry, Rick and Sue have none.

And a 6pm gig would be a promotion from Sunrise. I’d say better pay, better hours. I guess you’re from the east so see Perth as a backwards step, but as her kids get older, being back in the west is probably a much better life all around.

3 Likes

If Natalie Barr was to replace Sue one day, while for Sunrise audience it will be a sad day, I personally believe Seven News Perth will be in very safe hands with Rick and Nat.

Of course, if Nat was to leave for that very reason, we should hope that Pell picks the right choice for news (not Eddy, probably someone like Angela Cox, Sally Bowrey, Angie Asimus or Sarah Cumming would be my pick). However knowing Michael Pell, I’m not holding my breath over it.

If Rick and Sue didn’t have chemistry I don’t think they would be on the air for 32+ years.

5 Likes

Have you watched them? They hardly want to look at each other let alone have chemistry.

Yes I do watch them every night living in Perth, just because they don’t present Stories together doesn’t necessarily mean there is no chemistry… and something must be right if they have been winning…

2 Likes

They literally could be in separate buildings, and it’s well established that they don’t really get along.
I think it’s more a case of Perth likes Sue, Perth (for some reason) likes Rick, and they happen to be next to each other. I have had a look around online and not seen a single bit of 'chemistry ’ between them.

1 Like

Exactly. Partnership has been a long one.

Nobody has said it hasn’t been.
But really, if anybody can show me an example of RIck and Sue having any chemistry I’d love to see it. I mean Sue seems like a bundle of laughs but Rick not so much.

1 Like

Saying they don’t get along is ridiculous, it sounds like something the Daily Mail would say when they have ran out of stories. You obviously haven’t seen them at Telethon or in these videos for that mater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwvbNNFd0A , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUJlyKytjI, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt1eziW8tjI

Rod and Kay prior to being demoted always presented stories separately and you rarely saw them making jokes together. This is the 6PM news not sit down on the couch with Rick and Sue for a coffee.

3 Likes

Hope the virtual set isn’t rolled out to Sydney and Melbourne

I think those videos- which obviously I have seen for that matter- perfectly sum up my point, so fake and forced.
And I am not saying they don’t get along, I am saying it’s well known they don’t.
What ever has kept these 2 going for over 30 years, it sure aint the warmth between them.

That’s a ridiculous comment.

Chris Reason presenting in Sydney tonight. What has Musher got on tonight?

3 Likes

If Rick & Sue really didn’t get along with each other, surely it would’ve been very common knowledge (probably to the point of including infamous, Naomi Robson/Amber Sherlock-style leaked footage) amongst the media gossipers of Perth after over three decades?

From the very little I’ve seen of Seven News Perth (for obvious reasons), Rick & Sue seem like decent enough newsreaders and their on-air chemistry seems OK. Perhaps they’re a bit on the formal/serious side, but formal/serious presentation is appropriate for a 6pm news bulletin.

If you want to talk about Seven News presenters who have very little charisma with most attempts at banter coming across as being extremely awkward on air, the Sunday-Thursday news & sports presenters on Seven Sydney’s 6pm bulletin! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

True but Nine just ain’t any better in chemistry.

1 Like

Nine in Perth is worse in chemistry.

2 Likes

Jane Bunn will have a ski run on Mount Buller named in her honour this week, according to today’s Sunday Herald Sun. The Bunn Run is an intermediate run.

3 Likes

Tim - ha ha ha ha ha ha thanks Tommo
Emmy - thanks Tommo
Awkwardness ensues
“next on 9 news…”

Holy shit it’s a train wreck.

7 Likes