Seven News Content and Appearance

Seven News definitely has the least appealing set of all networks here in Sydney (well OK…most if not all markets if I’m being honest), although with the dollars as tight as they are now it wouldn’t overly surprise me if we’re stuck with the current look for at least two more years.

2 Likes

The set is 4.5 years old isn’t it? Launched February 2016.

They could do a few tweaks to it to get them through to however long they need.

2 Likes

Sydney’s set was refreshed with the new desk when The Latest launched in December 2018 and new side screens in 2019; IMO they improved the set quite a bit. Combining those with Seven’s financial situation, I doubt Sydney will get a completely brand new set anytime soon. It might not be as glamorous and massive as Nine or Ten but it’s an attractive set.

The Brisbane set dates back to January 2012 and is arguably Seven’s worst physical set. Since it has similar bones to Sydney’s set, a refresh to incorporate Sydney elements would be much cheaper than a full set rebuild. Taller lightboxes would replicate the look of Sydney’s side screens without the cost of installing actual screens.

It wouldn’t be a perfect match to Sydney but it would be some kind of proto-national look at the very least.

3 Likes

Seven’s sets (and news graphics for that matter) could be very easily updated by just changing out so much of the blue!

This could very easily be achieved with the lighting and screens for minimal cost.

We know how good The Latest looks (and looked better at launch) by changing up the colour scheme - it’s hard to see why the network seems so hesitant.

5 Likes

Countdown to Fireworks - time suggests they will start at 6:55pm

7 Likes

They were using it quite a bit on the weekend. It doesn’t look too bad- the headline might be a little small though.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that plasma is the same one from the twisted metal set in 2005/06.

Never noticed that. Those changes you suggested would help greatly.

1 Like

Sharyn had a story with red behind her at one stage. I’ve seen it used a few nights so far.

Brisbane from RNA

8 Likes

Fireworks

Not visible on Nine’s backdrop :thinking:

8 Likes

Funny moment at the end of Perth’s 4pm news today with Basil Zempilas using his phone, not realising the cameras were on him during the closer. He quickly realised and turned it off!

5 Likes

Reminds of a similar time in Adelaide: 10075938-0-image-m-139_1550711142576

7 Likes

Sunday Night… but not really. Seven appoints founding Sunday Night Executive Producer Mark Llewellyn as EP of 7 News Spotlight, with investigative (and former SN) reporter Denham Hitchcock.

5 Likes

Today’s Morning News:

Sydney bulletin:

6 Likes

There are no words. Embarrassment. Not doing much to alleviate any credibility in the Seven News brand.

3 Likes

The bulletin used the old opener titlecard

4 Likes

Oh good. They have forgotten to update that template.

Well I don’t think so, these stories are featured under the lifestyle section so how is it ruining credibility?

News websites cover a broad range of stories and those lifestyle ones are comparable to click bait.

4 Likes

Agreed. I don’t see the issue.
You’ll find worse on most news sites, based on less.

3 Likes

F is a quiet place to be at…

19 Likes

F all, there.

5 Likes