Seven News Content and Appearance

“FLASH”

1 Like

Was a News Flash necessary? Couldn’t they have just flashed a message up on screen like 10 did? In fact, even that was more than they needed to do. No change is no news. It can wait until a news break or that night’s news bulletin. What is this preoccupation with interest rates in Australia anyway?

They NEED the bulletin identifier on the same line as the “NEWS” part of the logo like the old title cards.

“NEWS
FLASH”

Really?

2 Likes
3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the shortened Brisbane bulletin consists of a cut-down A-block from 6:00, then the last two lblocks of the program, live.

1 Like

Two ways around it. .
a) Brisbane shortens their bulletin so sport and weather fall before 6:40 when regional joins live.

b) half hour news bulletin and 6.30 is a seperate ‘special’ and regional joins live after local bulletins instead of a cutdown.

Since its coded from 6.30, i imagine the latter and it will be padded out with some colour pieces (farmer stories, strawberry sundaes etc)

3 Likes

Minor blooper with the location on the Melbourne weathercam on the Morning News today.

8 Likes

They wanted a feed of the weathercam. They got a feed of the weathercam. :joy:

6 Likes

Love Brownie also handles every situation that arises so perfectly,he said that’s one of our link trucks btw…

8 Likes

Countdown clock on Afternoon News…

9 Likes

I think Fergo and Mel realised they’ll have to live with the new graphics… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Stay Strong IDs:

9 Likes

Press conference this afternoon, with “Nightly at 6:00” closer:

5 Likes

Seven Brisbane had another another “ident”-ity change today for their news promos.

Previously

6 Likes

Brisbane using background graphics with part of the screen using either red or blue diagonal sections. Does anyone have pics.

1 Like

I didn’t see it used much. There was this story

However, the other time didn’t work as expected with Max looking at the wrong camera for the story intro.

5 Likes

Doesn’t look that bad to be honest. The set overall is incredibly dated though. That projection equipment must be atleast 10+ years old!

3 Likes

Seven Morning News’ main content will resume after midday after PM press conference. Will cross to Dan Andrews when he speaks, too. These live press conferences anchored by Ann Sanders that they’ve been doing are good for Seven, helping build their reliability when there’s big news.

2 Likes

If you think about it, Brisbane’s set has got the bare bones to replicate the Sydney set. Add a Sydney desk, increase the height of the light boxes on either side of the main screen to fill the full vertical height of the set wall (covering the parts that look like blue louvre windows), and cover the louvre window things behind the standing presentation screen. The plastic inserts on the main vertical coloumns could also be switched out.

12 Likes

Good observation, but why would you want to? Out of the two, Sydney has the better set, but not good enough to go out the way and replicate. Sydney is probably due for an upgrade? Looks incredibly dated when compared to the local competition.

8 Likes