Seven News Content and Appearance

Very NBC-style with the NBC Chimes used.

I mean, they’ve been using a version of that for some time now …

Almost as though they use the same theme as NBC News… :thinking::wink:

6 Likes

Breaking News opening in Sydney (at least I think it was).

Everyone, including later Sally were colour co-ordinated with the set and Seven’s colours.

6 Likes

Too much red. Needs some black on the sides at least.

1 Like

It’s funny how we’re now going “too much red”, after years of the blue “undersea” overload. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The blue never bothered me personally.

It’s the last three notes of the 7 News theme.

Whereas NBC chimes are ‘a sequence of musical notes which are in the key of C and sound the notes G, E, C, the ‘G’ being the one just below middle C, the ‘E’ the one just above middle C, and the ‘C’ being middle C.’

I agree that Seven’s three note chime is likely inspired by NBC.

1 Like

A very long technical way of saying “They use the same theme”

4 Likes

Different start to 7 in Melb tonight. Anyone see it?

1 Like

What does everyone think?

Well they both use John Williams’ The Mission which was written specifically for NBC and the NBC chimes could have been some inspiration for the music

1 Like

Would have been slick if Bec had been hidden behind Mike then walked into the second shot.

9 Likes

Kinda cool tbh

9 Likes

I thought it was some kind of mistake. Bec looked akward just standing there staring in a different direction.

3 Likes

Judging by that cap, it looks really awkward.

4 Likes

It looked good on air.

2 Likes

I just looked at it on 7plus. Looked incredibly awkward. Bec is just standing there in the backdrop.

They could’ve executed this much better - have her step off the podium and a little closer to the main camera which Mike is looking at - and while the full screen graphic was on display (for a good 10 seconds), she could’ve stepped into that position on the podium.

The wide angle lens they used as well is not good.

3 Likes

Can agree to disagree. I thought it looked fine.

1 Like

The lightning grid needs to be raised up. The down pos of the camera is just strange.

BCM have always had a thing about a very low grid. Not sure why.

2 Likes