Seven News Content and Appearance

Explaining the definition of exclusive:

4 Likes

Melbourne is running a promo like that too. Wonder if it’s in response to 9 slapping it on so many stories.

20 Second version

3 Likes

Oh the irony :joy: 9 news also had a crew there but didn’t upload the story online.

1 Like

Billboard

2 Likes

The Queensland version of explaining what an exclusive is

5 Likes

Can they send this screencap to their producers? And to the other networks?

8 Likes

Last I heard, EXCLUSIVE was a nine letter word :wink:

16 Likes

Seven was on air just long enough for the decision

3 Likes

Exclusives in Australia are getting out of hand

2 Likes

EXCLUSIVE: I agree

8 Likes

Morning News from Melbourne due to Sydney studio hosting NSW Leaders Debate at midday

7 Likes

Why would they do a leader’s debate at midday on a weekday? Did they want no one to watch it?

2 Likes

It’s all about the grabs anyway, not the debate as a whole. Plus no doubt it will be on YouTube and 7plus.

4 Likes

Sydney promo

5 Likes

New modulation of the three-note sting sounds nice. Bit of variety :+1:

4 Likes

Is Sydney really turning to 7 News though?

To be honest, that is the sort of line I thought 7 Melbourne would have been running since last year - ie: “See why Melbourne turns to 7 News blah, blah…” to note their ratings weeks win. But they haven’t so far. Unless this Sydney promo is going to be the new network-wide but market specific promo for each capital city eventually?

Still seems odd that they would claim “Sydney turns to 7 News”. They really don’t, according to the ratings. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This sounds familar: “Night after night”… :thinking:

Maybe Seven Sydney feels somewhat left out because their counterparts in most other cities turn to Seven? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like the NBC chimes. NBC takeover confirmed!

6 Likes

Media Watch covered a similar scuffle in Perth a couple decades ago [1999, it’s probably on YouTube, it was when Richard Ackland was host] when Nine Perth (obviously the perennial trailer, owned by the Sunraysia family then) were taken to court by Seven for daring to call themselves the “leading” news.

I guess the argument Seven could use, like that used by STW9 in court back then, is that the phrase they use has “no particular meaning”… they might “turn” to 7 News but it’s pretty obvious they aren’t particularly watching it. Puffery at its best :stuck_out_tongue: