Seven News Content and Appearance

Sydney sport from the Cricket Awards

4 Likes

Rick Ardon presented national news update from Perth tonight.

(It’s obviously pre-recorded because he is still presenting the Perth bulletin at the moment due to three hour time difference)

3 Likes

Adelaide version of the promos that were rolled out to the other markets at the end of last year. I believe that Adelaide never got one at the time, because Jane was about to retire, and presumably they didn’t want to run one until she left:

3 Likes

A new “know the news “ promo was shown in Perth during H/A.

2 Likes

Weird, Adelaide didn’t bother for a 90-second one. Not sure why, but nevermind.

With the recent retirements of Pat Welsh and Wally Lewis in Brisbane, 7 have started to raise the profile of Shane Webcke.
A special sports promo of him “leading the most experienced sports team” is running, and he’s now featured on the end board with Sharyn and Max.

3 Likes

6 Likes

New “inside league” translation used during the news, the same as featured on the news promo about Shane Webcke. .

1 Like

It’d have more to do with Nine losing their footy ‘expert’ than Pat leaving. After 15 years, Webcke is finally an advantage for something. So, it’s certainly a ploy by Seven but I feel the endtag is weird without Tony there too.

Perth had 2 examples of standing presentations last night. The angle we have seen a bit lately and a shot I have never seen before.

5 Likes

The second one was posted a few posts above

2 Likes

Wonder why they didn’t recreate the team photo as seen in the other states?

2 Likes

They did do a photoshoot on the News set, they just didn’t use it in the promo, presumably because Jane’s in it and she’s since retired.

5 Likes

Breaking News (apparently) in Brisbane tonight according to the opener.

4 Likes

A brief breaking news of about 90 sec

6 Likes

No kidding, I mean why not do it with the new anchors? Some big faces missing there too… like Mike.

2 Likes

Agreed, missing Will as well. Pretty sure he was at Seven when they took that photo.

7 still without a news crew on Norfolk Island to cover the cyclone by the looks of it. Their stories tonight were made up of voice graphics, zoom interviews and phone vision. 9 seem to be having a field day crossing to their crews on the ground, and using the exclusive strap. Very poor planning from 7.

2 Likes

Or maybe they just didn’t think it’s a significant story and instead prefers to cover the latest hoots in Sydney doing the rounds :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Given it was their leading story, i’ld say otherwise. A blunder decision from 7.

2 Likes