Seven News Content and Appearance

Nice different angle for Peter Mitchell introducing the aus day honours story tonight.

2 Likes

Do you have a cap?

Didn’t see this, but I did see the lead story backdrop and they got it right for once. Perfect and flawless background and no glitches for a change. Good to see.

2 Likes

Nah. I’m not great at caps.

just get the caps from 7+

6 Likes

Thanks @SamSamTV

What does everyone think?

1 Like

I hate newreaders standing to present news. They always look awkward.

4 Likes

Too much wide shot, needs to be tighter. Can’t stand that opening shot with the desk I think it’s hideous.

Personally it should be around waist height. IMO.

6 Likes

Mitch is so wooden also.

3 Likes

Why? It’s quite similar to NBC Nightly News.

Personally just don’t like it. I think it looks odd. Australian TV is too americanised as it is.

1 Like

Perth had standing presentation on Tuesday

10 Likes

God that’s shocking.
Look, the angle itself looks almost passable but the desk from that angle looks disgusting.

9 Likes

I don’t mind standing presentation when it’s done well, however, I really hate this angle. I can’t stand the sharp keystoning on the graphics - it throws everything out of proportion. The set and graphics are enormous and the presenter is tiny, almost lost (he’s the same size as the people protesting in the photo). I wish they’d just dump it from their shot list.

Also, while I’m being pedantic, the flares should be passing over the background block of the title, not under it - little things matter, either do it properly or back off the flares a bit (they’re over done).

2 Likes

I really like this use of the Perth set. Much more dynamic.

6 Likes

I actually don’t mind the look of this. Also when did the desk get updated with the logo?

2 Likes

Few months back.

1 Like

The pink and green hues are awful.

Hope he doesn’t trip and hit his head on that very sharp corner on the platform :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like