Seven News Content and Appearance

It’s quite an upgrade for the little old GC news. I don’t hate the desk- it has in-built areas for laptops- but you’re right that it is far too big for that small area.

Probably had to make it that shape because of the small space. A longer desk wouldn’t have fit, and they wouldn’t have been able to get the right curve if they went with a curved desk. Going at right angles was probably the best option.

Youre getting 3 or 4 wide shots across the half hour. it doesnt actually look that bad… lets just remember its a regional news service.

*popcorn at the ready. haha.

Any reason why the Afternoon News is national today?

Women’s T20 finished early I believe

1 Like

Not sure if mentioned - but there is now a wideshot on Brisbane’s 4pm news - seen at 4:30pm.

1 Like

Presentation looks so odd, sitting off centre like that.

5 Likes

Don’t mind it tbh

I agree that just looks wrong to me.

1 Like

Why is the logo white and the background is also white? Graphics department obviously don’t know how colours work?

Seven News Brisbane: With Tony Auden presenting weather the stage has been removed. Must be on wheeels :smile:

Sunday

3 Likes

Same thing happens in Melbourne for Livinia Nixon (stage) and Madeline Spark (without)

1 Like

Must be a height thing.

My god, what a ghastly set. The fake wall screens look more maroon than red!

1 Like

Yes, Livinia and Stephanie Anderson use the stage while Madeline does not. Not sure about other states.

It’s awful - the camera is off-centre, weirdly angled and far too low which makes it all the more appalling.

The Adelaide set could be quite handsome with some tweaks and there are some occasions when it looks alright but the execution just isn’t there.

1 Like

While true, all these tweaks are so much better than this monstrosity before 2014:

19 Likes

That was essentially the bones of the old twisted metal/wood set.

Someone, somewhere thought that a perspex/glassy look, suited it better. It was ghastly in my opinion.

7 Likes

Nice long closer on the national morning news today showcasing spectacular images from Sydney Harbour on our country’s special day.

1 Like