Seven News Content and Appearance

That’s hilarious. And the report is inaccurate by referring to Robert Ovadia as “gun reporter”. He is anything but that. He’s woeful.

Even 10 had chief football reporter Bence Hamerli filing out of Doha. That fact is also omitted from the report.

5 Likes

I’m happy to add that in. Will do so soon

1 Like

“Secret” - how is the Square Kilometer Array in anyway a secret? It even has a website.

1 Like

Totally secret :roll_eyes: Not like they were on TV this morning…

1 Like

I can’t see this happening. WIN News will never compete with 7 news again.

1 Like

Seven Gold Coast and Brisbane with Christmas trees.

Brisbane with the wrong caption on the desk and monitor. Later fixed.

7 Likes

Those sets do look very similar

5 Likes

It seems that the Brisbane set has been updated. The framing has been removed from the screen on the right.

From the 14th November - seemed to be changed some point after that:

4 Likes

First time it was shown was 18 November.

Other views

6 Likes

Likely a whole new screen, not just framing

3 Likes

National update from Perth tonight.

8 Likes

Interest rates decision, probably the shortest report so far at <2 mins.

3 Likes

Breaking News opener for Brisbane tonight. Excellent reporting with a live cross to scene and 2 followup live reports during the bulletin.

Nine also opened with Breaking News but had no vision from the scene of the story and read a report from the newsroom. A second report during the bulletin was also from the newsroom.

ABC News did a cross to Toowoomba.

5 Likes

7 Brisbane still can’t get the red right on that screen on the desk… it’s maroon compared to the graphics.

Probably in the minority here but changing that screen on the Brisbane set has made a world of difference to how I feel about this set. Looks a lot better now, especially compared the cap of Nine’s set (red overload).

Switching those lightboxes over to actual screens will improve it further (and one long screen on the desk).

11 Likes

The only thing that now lets it down is the 2006 rear projection technology behind the desk with the live shot.
But I agree, the lack of bulk to the right now has modernised it

8 Likes

Looks like 7 smashed it. Where was the abc presenter hosting from?

Toowoomba.

1 Like

I thought they replaced the projector with an actual screen years ago?

1 Like

7News flash at 1.50pm Qld time:
PM speaking of the tragedy in Qld.

1 Like