Seven News Content and Appearance

And I agree with you. It’s very relevant.

I just couldn’t ever see Sydney or Melbourne (even Brisbane) doing a special on an elephant dying.

Anyways, we criticise but clearly it’s what Perth viewers like to watch as I’m sure it will rate it’s arse off over there.

2 Likes

Me either. If a elephant died at Melbourne Zoo I cannot see 7 doing a big special.

1 Like

I can, but not under the 7 News banner. That’s what makes this a bit weird. Just goes to show how much of an influence Rick and Sue have on Perth viewers.

2 Likes

It’s 7pm on a Saturday night and people still find a reason to whinge about 7 News Perth :roll_eyes:

Seven is a powerhouse here and I for one love their commitment to local stories and content.

They know how to hold a grip onto WA audiences.

3 Likes

Too bad they can’t put the same commitment into their presentation…. Like maybe the set? :rofl:

1 Like

Steady on, mate! It took a lot of effort to scroll through generic digital sets before picking the one they liked :laughing:

2 Likes

and all of this over an elephant!

A very famous and special elephant.

3 Likes

Its happened before.

Maroon and red overload on Seven News tonight in Queensland -including live tracking of the Qld team bus.

8 Likes

MY SOUL!!! :scream: :joy:

New profile pic for @Bort

10 Likes

Seven and Nine have a bit of a competition between news promos for next week as which is the biggest scandal. Seven have “appropriated” Nine’s often used tag line of “Major Investigation”. Nine will now have to go with “General Investigation” :wink:

Seven also promoting their Ekka sponsorship.

See Nine’s 'scandal"

5 Likes

An error with the Morning News closer saw this graphic go to air:

13 Likes

Tonight in Brisbane, we briefly saw what looked like the Gold Coast presenters moving off set after their bulletin ended, before the 6pm Brisbane bulletin started.

1 Like

Desk weather?

Probably for when there’s no weather presenter and the newsreader reads the weather.

Seven News Brisbane opener tonight showed images from the Gold Coast set and had the wrong graphic “Mask Mandate” while the voice over described wild weather. Subsequently the voice over didn’t match the images on screen.

5 Likes

Last week we had this from Nine QLD.

This from Seven:

2 Likes

Looks like Seven News Queensland is thinking “if you can’t beat them, join them” (re: Nine Queensland’s sensationalist approach)… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes