Seven News Content and Appearance

Its got real Lil Sebastian vibes (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

4 Likes

We all grew up going to the zoo to see Tricia. 65 years of people doing that. She was an icon and a big part of Perth life. It might seem corny, but she was very loved. And I think that’s great.

Susannahs story on the news last night (at number 2 - and was for a good 10 mins) was beautiful.

Tomorrows Alston tribute in The West.

11 Likes

I’m from Perth and I’m over Tricia. Yes its very sad and she was special, but there is more stuff going on in the world…

3 Likes

Perth still is basically a big country town

6 Likes

I’m not sure your point?

The local Elephant passing is worthy of a prime-time special?

2 Likes

Sure is.

Perth is caring more about the passing of an elephant now rather than one of the biggest events of the year.

1 Like

Sorry but a news special about an elephant passing away…it’s sad, but she lived her life.
I don’t think it warrants prime time programming .
Perth astounds me with the mentality sometimes, they really do live in a bubble sometimes…

2 Likes

It’s so weird. Never knew about her until reading the news about her today

2 Likes

Lots of reactions tonight for something that is strictly local. I mean if there’s any silver lining it’s good that Seven is happy to breakaway from national programming to cater for their local audiences (even if it’s Perth of all places). Shows that they still somewhat care.

If it was a national special, then yes it would appear much more OTT.

16 Likes

What event is that?

No different to Melbourne having AFL as the second story every night. It’s all relative to the local area.

1 Like

Thats a sporting code that the network paid hundreds of millions of dollars to broadcast that is weekly event / code… I think comparing that to a elephant that died is clutching at straws.

Polar opposites.

Look I don’t have an issue with them broadcasting about it, but under the 7news banner is a bit weird for a special. Is it just montages of an elephant for an hour?

2 Likes

It’s a Saturday night. You’d prefer another Border Security rerun over a local special? It’s just an extension of the package Susannah did of her visit to the zoo for 6pm the other night. Cheap, easy, relevant and local programming.

5 Likes

It will probably bring in mammoth ratings

16 Likes

Yep it probably will. Perth

1 Like

No I was backing up the “country town” comment.

1 Like

I see what you did there…:joy:

3 Likes

lol sure.