Nine News Content and Appearance

This week in Melbourne Channel 9 has been running a contest where 5 people each day can win $1,000.

You have to watch Hot Seat for the daily trivia question and then go to the website to answer it. The winners are announced later in 9 News.

It runs next week as well (according to the terms and conditions).

5 Likes

Latest Queensland promo - “The spirit of your number one news”. Don’t see the connection myself, but I suppose there doesn’t have to be any logic to these promos.

7 Likes

Wow. I have no idea what any of the sentences actually mean.

9 Likes

Come on really? Sydney have been doing it for ages

That’s garbage

1 Like

Nine’s promo for their ‘scandal of the week’

Also see Seven’s scandal for next week

4 Likes

Scandal aside, 7’s graphics are better lol. The fonts and colours 9 uses are so random.

Minor blooper on Nine News Sydney tonight - Mark Burrows ended his report with “Mark Burrows, NBN News”.

1 Like

Mark Burrows minor blooper tonight in Sydney

“Mark Burrows NBN News”

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m telling you, ask Nine to stop using these NBN News tagouts for national stories anymore. QTQ could’ve just duplicated all national stories Brisbane is receiving without the hassle.

1 Like

Standing presentation Breaking News graphic in Melbourne tonight. First I’ve seen it.

5 Likes

9 Likes

“When Queenslanders are up against it” leans really hard into the idea that its Queensland vs the rest of the world.

Dual standing presentation for special report tonight.

6 Likes

Looks awkward

4 Likes

lol just sit at the desk ffs.

WTF Adelaide?

I know these newsrooms see a lot of death and devastation but are they so immune to the trauma of it that they think it’s a good idea to cover the Uvalde school shooting followed by a celebration of Australian comedy seconds later? And they’re so proud of their effort that they tweet about it. The writers of Frontline couldn’t come up with this shit.

7 Likes

Guess they have to find something to fill their afternoon News hour and this is the best they can serve up :rage:

Not a great choice of content for what’s ‘trending’ and the sequence is even worse.

This report is making waves in QLD - probably one of the only times the hype about a QTQ special report was almost worth it.

For anyone who hasn’t see the story - it detailed the exorbitant taxpayer spending of former (and convicted criminal) Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale and colleagues on a trip to Europe 14 years ago - the idea of the trip was to find inspiration for Ipswich innovation in Europe. The end result? A brochure.

I heard reporter Josh Bavas on ABC radio this morning discussing it - watch 7 and everyone else try to play catch-up tonight… it’ll be interesting how they do it because 9 had to RTI the documents they cited and the turn around for an RTI request is a lot slower than 24 hours.

3 Likes