Seven News Content and Appearance

Inside AFL exclusive watermark.

2 Likes

Oh lord it’s AWFUL :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is truly horrendous. Twisted metal so much better. Bit sad really.

3 Likes

Looks very 90s

1 Like

At least twisted metal was a clean streamlined look across the fleet. No bits and pieces added on each year and year. Brisbane just looks shit as does Adelaide.

6 Likes

Brisbane is way better than Adelaide and has been around for quite a few years. This is Adelaide’s attempt at improving their set…

2 Likes

Brisbane’s is terrible, it was from day 1 and still is to this day. The only redeeming feature for them is consistency - they’ve had it for quite some time now.

7 Likes

I just noticed with Brisbane under the desk is 3 TVs joined together? With the technology available now that is pretty cheap.

Reminds me of Melbourne and Sydney. Seven has not invested in the edge to edge backdrop that 9 have. Sort of have three screens and they try to cover up where they meet.

I assume it’s just a matter of ‘just do with what we have’ approach, ie they don’t want to blow the cash. Well they will need to invest and upgrade, sorry I mean overhaul, one day.

2 Likes

I loved the Perth 2010-16 look.

The set when they moved from Dianella to The West Australian HQ was a massive downgrade.

3 Likes

At least at Martin Place, thats a limitation on the space. It has to be broken up because of the setup. But that will no doubt change in the move to Eveleigh.

3 Likes

Any news on a time frame when Seven News is moving out of Martin Place this year?

2 Likes

wtf? That looks like if some idiot took a previous-era Sydney desk, mixed in some ABC News 24 stuff, and put it to air! Irritating!

1 Like

A bit late for its time, but yeah; simple, and effective.

They did kinda screw things up by adding a still backdrop instead of consistently using the live camera they had used for the first while though …

I think it’s starting around July with completion of the move by December I last heard…

Seven News had a national update at around 9.30pm from Sydney. Strange they have one on weekends.

2 Likes

During Sunrise?

1 Like

I think it’s meant to say 9.30 P.M

1 Like

I thought it might have been about the byelections but they weren’t mentioned.

It wasn’t shown in Brisbane where a local update was shown

4 Likes

Interesting though… as Seven have never had a national update in Melbourne on weekends. Usually locally recorded up until 8.30pm.