Seven News Content and Appearance

I know… it’s really the only thing letting the whole set down…. :frowning:

5 Likes

I notice Bec Maddern said before an ad break during the 4pm news - ‘Seven News returns in just two and a half minutes’. Rare to see networks be that specific.

2 Likes

They say it every afternoon edition at 4.28.

4 Likes

yep, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous every time

3 Likes

Ever-leigh

It’s either a sales thing, and they’ve sold a speed break, or ratings have shown a switch off at the half way mark.

2 Likes

It’s not uncommon for Seven to do 60 second breaks during the 6pm news. To remain competitive they need to do more of this. Watching Weekend Sunrise and Sunrise before 7am ad breaks are far too frequent and go for far too long. It makes watching unpleasant and is not good for the advertiser either as their ads get lost in the crowd.

3 Likes

Interest rates report

9 Likes

Jennifer Bechwati’s introduction to her package going to air twice on Sydney’s afternoon news.

4 Likes

Tom Piotrowski channeling Fabio and Thor with his current look ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Current look? He’s been like that for years.

4 Likes

Max Futcher stumbled a couple of time in tonight’s intro in Brisbane, so it must be done live. It sounded like he lost his script.

2 Likes

Interestingly, I’ve been told that the preciew of what’s coming up before each break is recorded. So I wonder what reason there is for recording that and not the headlines?

My only guess is that the headlines are more likely to change.

2 Likes

Tom has had that look for 6 months at least

1 Like

Terrible live backdrop in Melbourne tonight. Water drops and shaking.

3 Likes

The control room was a bit late switching inputs for the monitor on the QLD afternoon news and Kendall was talking to a weather map then a 7 News logo before ‘Burty’ made an appearance.

7 Likes

Australia’s Official Olympic News promo/s

Insert local news reader/s - otherwise same promo.

8 Likes

Beijing cross

7 Likes

Monday:

7 Likes

Yuck those graphics are hideous

6 Likes

Slightly early start to Seven GC News as the Brisbane went to The Chase after covering Olympics all afternoon.

5 Likes