Seven News Content and Appearance

Why?
Did I miss something?

1 Like

The standing presentation for Melbourne sport looks pretty good, I’d keep it.

6 Likes

Wonder if it is still there? To recap (March 2018):

With a few more donations from interstate news studios, Adelaide could open up a gallery (graveyard?) of former 7 News desks. :rofl:. Except Perth’s enormous landmark desk … going to need a much bigger studio for that one! :wink:

17 Likes

They passed the low bar of using the same font, at least.

1 Like

Isn’t that just an oversized clothes iron prop from the old Retravision ads?

6 Likes

According to the EPG, Queensland will get a local Afternoon News at 4:30 following the BBL.

5 Likes

Not that anyone will be aware it’s on, but a great addition nonetheless.

2 Likes

What I find interesting is that this is the original desk that Sydney had made when the set was about to be launched, but for some reason ended up changing it…

10 Likes

Seven Morning News Adelaide:

Sport:

13 Likes

The gigantic transparent logo is so not needed on that background. Who is in charge of gfx in Adelaide? So amateur. Someone from SCA Tasmania should give them some guidance.

15 Likes

Sorry am I watching Nine News?

9 Likes

In all honesty it looks decent enough. That transparent 7 logo kills it. Seven Adelaide seem to have a ridiculous obsession with overusing the logo in such ways.

6 Likes

Somehow missed this, back from the break story introduction.

7 Likes

Do you mean kills it in a good way or a bad way? The transparent logo looks quite good in the wide shot imo, the globe and Adelaide oval images would look a bit lonely in the wide shot without it over the top.

4 Likes

Bad way. It wrecks the backdrop.

7 Likes

Is that blue globe used for the entire morning bulletin now? If so RIP live shot :slightly_frowning_face: (already omitted from Afternoon and 6pm bulletins long before now).

Seems it has been ditched based on the clips posted on Twitter earlier today vs previous days. Sad. Today:

Compared to Yesterday, Jan 4 and 3 (note the clouds were different each day):

N.B. About the 4pm and 6pm backdrops not being live, see the below cross from 29 October 2021 - spot the difference.

EDIT: Back to today’s bulletin, breaking news:

4 Likes

I don’t actually mind that……

11 Likes

I actually like it too … in a weird way

4 Likes

Morning News

6pm News

8 Likes

All in all its a lot better then the other desk which looked like a blue box with flaps on it

5 Likes