South Australia State Election - 2018

7 and 9 will both no doubt do full coverage too. Probably starting at 5, news at 6, main show from 6.30. Ten might do updates?

Press release from 7:

SOUTH AUSTRALIA DECIDES

SEVEN NEWS HAS THE 2018 STATE ELECTION COVERED

HISTORICAL FIRST - 7 NEWS PRESENTED FROM THE FLOOR OF PARLIAMENT

Seven News, South Australia’s No. 1 news service for almost two decades, will deliver comprehensive coverage of the 2018 South Australian State Election in the lead up to and on Saturday, March 17.

Seven News will make history when the first ever news bulletin is presented by Jessica Adamson from inside Parliament House at 6pm on Election Day.

Will Jay Weatherill lead Labor to a fifth term? Or will Steven Marshall bring the Liberals back from the wilderness? And, what about SA Best. Will Nick Xenophon become king maker?

Channel Seven will have all the answers on March 17 – with live coverage from 5pm until late hosted by Seven News presenters Jane Doyle and John Riddell.

SA Decides will be the most comprehensive and high-tech election coverage ever produced by Seven News Adelaide.

Seven’s Hindmarsh studio will be transformed into Election HQ – with some of the nation’s leading political figures joining SA’s most experienced news team for a television event not to be missed.

Seven’s team includes the state’s most respected political reporter Mike Smithson, as well as Seven Network federal chief political correspondent Mark Riley.

Seven will cross live to more than a dozen key seats that will define this election. Seven’s team in the field includes award-winning reporters Jessica Adamson, Rosanna Mangiarelli, Mark Mooney and Andrea Nicolas.

Seven’s high-tech data software will provide an up-to-the-minute election scoreboard. As politicians learn their fate – viewers will too. All in real time.

There’s sure to be fireworks in the studio as Labor “Godfather” Don Farrell comes up against outspoken Australian Conservatives Senator Cory Bernardi. Retiring MP Jack Snelling will provide an insight into the state Labor machine, while Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young, Liberal MP Nicole Flint and InDaily’s leading political commentator, Tom Richardson, crunch the numbers.

Every vote, every candidate, every electorate – Channel 7 will bring you the highs and lows of this crucial election.

2018 STATE ELECTION COVERAGE ON SEVEN

2 Likes

Leaders Debate:

They lost the feed momentarily and were about to go back to the News Channel, when it came back:

6 Likes

Promos have started from 7 and 9…

7 Likes

ABC promo:

1 Like

The 7 Adelaide studio is being transformed with a second seating area in addition to the news set. The Sunbeam Iron desk looks rather familiar… where have I seen that before? :wink:

14 Likes

Seven probably saved all the bits from Melbourne’s old set, just incase they were needed in the future?

8 Likes

Maybe! In any case, I wasn’t expecting to see that desk again haha :slight_smile:

Tonight’s election coverage story on 7 News:

4 Likes

That SA decides logo and how they’ve incorporated the 7 logo is terrible and the whole slanted graphics elements is an eyesore.

Just voted as i am in Melbourne now. Wasted my vote on the greens. Couldn’t bring myself to vote for Jay weatherill and i would never vote liberals. I thought about Nick xenaphon but i find he doesnt have many firm policies and seems stranglely too defensive.

I don’t have any caps on hand, but when a big story breaks and Seven News Adelaide needs special graphics, you can bet they will be slanted.

Tonight

Supers

3 Likes

A wide set shot :open_mouth: … something of a rarity these days!

And a blocky transition animation

10 Likes

The Friday SA bulletin was a special One Hour long. It included a cross to the election coverage set:

4 Likes

Does anyone know who SA Best will team up with in the election? They will take seats away from the Liberals. Last election was very close and the independent MP’s teamed up with Labor.

Ten Adelaide to have a special SA bulletin tomorrow night at 5pm with comprehensive post election coverage.

4 Likes

Election coverage is now getting underway!

Channel 7 are starting their coverage with a brief look back at premiers in the years before and during Labor’s reign.

Last night, Today Tonight plugged tonight’s coverage at the conclusion of their Election Eve special:

6 Likes

Gee. Seven still looks fugly.

The opener is nice, but the other graphics look like the same bull they used for the QLD election last yr (i.e. Microsoft Powerpoint style).

Believe it or not that TT graphics looks so much better than their election graphics.

4 Likes

Some caps of coverage from Channel 9:

7 Likes

I see that Chris Uhlmann looks incredibly thrilled to be there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Some more Nine caps… @ScreenTower if you’ll be hanging around on Channel 9 I’ll focus more on 7? :slight_smile:

4 Likes