Seven News Content and Appearance

ok…was it ever in doubt that the news was live?

1 Like

I’m talking about the opener. A lot of openers are pre-recorded but TVW has always done theirs live.

2 Likes

That angle for the weather is shit. Just do a centred and zoomed in shot on the screen like all other markets do (except Perth and Regional Queensland who use a green screen but still are zoomed in and centered.

3 Likes

Except that is not the weather report. That is a throw to the break previewing the upcoming report. The report looks like this

9 Likes

It’s like they keep adding bits and pieces to that set, new light boxes and panels here and there. It’s too busy and cheap looking. It just looks shit.

Is that a tv on the desk? It’s not 2005 anymore seven.

2 Likes

Long closer on Brisbane local morning news

6 Likes

Of all the angles/zooms they often use, this one irritates me the most.

7 Likes

After speculations of a 7NEWS brand refresh earlier this year with the introduction of red and black ended with a fizzle, Perth debuting a new “set”, as well as Adelaide also updating their digs, I honestly don’t know what to believe now.

I was certain that a brand refresh would occur during or after the Olympics, after all the gradual changes indicated at one, though that turned out to be false, so I’ve tempered future expectations.

I would love though if set consistency was on the cards to coincide with the move back to Eveleigh, though as I’ve always said, consistency hasn’t been one of Seven’s strong points in the last few years. :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Set consistency hasn’t been part of 7’s plans since 2004, even when they were swimming in money. I’m not sure why it would be now?

3 Likes
10 Likes

New Sydney promo ender

14 Likes

December 16th, 2021 - the day Seven Adelaide’s backdrop died (again)

10 Likes

Hahah how long did that last for?

2 Likes

Only a second or two, definitely noticeable when it went to air.

1 Like

On a news update 7 that just aired on 7 Melbourne it said there that just four children had died but we know that actually 5 children have died. This is not good enough from 7, I know that they do pre-record their updates but surely they could’ve done better.

2 Likes

7NEWS.com.au themselves confirm this, though the article was only updated at 8:09pm.

Reminds me of this…

Though, whether or not the mishap was because the update was pre-recorded (like in the aforementioned scenario), or a production error, I’m not entirely sure.

8 Likes

They pre-record the updates. Sadly sometimes things change. That’s why, unless it’s a definite number (e.g. a sports score/result) or event already completed, they use “at least x”. So that way they aren’t technically wrong. “At least 4 children are dead and another 4 are in a critical condition” isn’t incorrect, but I do agree that Perth (or whoever) could have done national updates with updated numbers.

4 Likes

I don’t know 100% if these still all happen but I’m pretty sure news updates were pre recorded but done x3 times throughout the evening atleast on 9News Melb. Hitch used to stay back till 10:30 as he was doing updates.

3 Likes

Another minor modification was made to the Adelaide news set today, one of the lightboxes moved to the other side of the set (previously it was just a blank grey space), and another frosted blind was added to the blue behind Bruce.

Wideshot:

6 Likes

Looks a lot more cohesive now compared to the random strips of grey and white everywhere.

Too bad the desk still looks like a bad reception desk at the Royal Adelaide.

9 Likes