Seven News Content and Appearance

I hope they can at least get the two screens to join together so it looks at least somewhat polished. The gap between the two screens are so awkward.

3 Likes

I’d imagine the current desk would remain as it is fine as is and still works screen-wise, though perhaps there may be some slight technical adjustments to the angles maybe?

2 Likes

The desk would need to be modified to accommodate 3 presenters. The front walls might remain, but the top plate / computer screens would need to be adjusted or replaced. Along with the lighting and camera positions adjusted.

We might see a few OBs or a temporary green screen set created over the Christmas break while work is being done.

3 Likes

Lighting and camera is quite simple, just a reprogram of the automation setups.

I hope they they scrap the desk and do something better it’s the only thing that really brings down the set.

2 Likes

5pm

7 Likes

Staying on GC tonight. Brisbane News update at 7.55pm had an opener with a GC scene and looked like Katrina in front of a GC backdrop. Scrolling strap on screen promoted 5.30 and 6.00 pm news/

2 Likes

Local 10:30 News in Queensland.

Network feed.

11 am Queensland - another local bulletin

6 Likes

Gee that Queensland set looks horrible for a daytime bulletin.

No wonder they don’t show it off at Breakfast during local news for Sunrise.

5 Likes

Seven needs a better set for each of their markets. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth’s look horrible. Their only decent looking ones are Sydney and RQLD.

4 Likes

Local afternoon news continues today.

3 Likes

They should have the Sydney set used across all five markets.

3 Likes

I agree. If they can, they should also have it in regional QLD, NSW, VIC and WA (if bulletins are launched)

1 Like

Sets are expensive and, tbh, probably don’t have that much material impact on ratings on their own. And who cares if a viewer in Perth sees a different news set to a viewer in Sydney. The news is homogenised enough in presentation across the country, no need to add sets to that as well.

6 Likes

I do like that Nine is consistent but it is true that most people wouldn’t ever know that nor would they care.

I prefer real sets but virtual sets, when done well, can be great. While TVW’s virtual set isn’t bad it definitely isn’t great. And that desk… :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

In saying that, I would expect an investment next year when Seven moves its Sydney newsroom and studio facilities. This might lead to new sets being implemented across the country.

5 Likes

Tonight’s bulletins in SEQ previewed during afternoon news with Samantha (after a 90 minute bulletin this morning). Gold Coast News live from border at 5.30. Kendall at 6pm in studio.

5:30 with Christmas Tree

6 Likes

6pm coverage - Brisbane has a tree as well.

5 Likes

If you were ever unsure about whether TVW’s opener is live or not then tonight was a good example with both Rick and Susannah saying “Tonight” :rofl:

7 Likes

wat?

1 Like

I’ll have to wait for it to appear on 7plus but both of them started reading the opener at the same time. Looks like Susannah jumped the gun as Rick continued the read.

4 Likes